Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

15 hours ago by Photos4life

Composer Pro Double Glass

view post

A question about creative apps

Newer Topic | Older Topic

A question about creative apps posted by Bill Clayton August 17, 2010 08:24PM reply | quote
posted by Bill Clayton

A couple of questions for those of you who use creative apps. First, it says let the shiny side of the disc be facing you. I can't tell the difference. Is there a special trick? Second, being a fly tier I have X-Acto razor blade knives available. Will these do for cutting? It doesn't seem they would go through the disc. I haven't started making any yet. Wanted to get thes questions answered first so any help would be appreciated.
Oh, also, any trick to loading more than one image at a time? I can't seem to do it.
Many thanks,
Bill
Re: A question about creative apps posted by Crabcakes August 18, 2010 05:17AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Hi Bill--
There actually is a subtle difference between the two sides of the CA's. But it is subtle. Honestly don't know what difference it makes which side is up when you cut into it...

Re:x-actos--I've used them exclusively for creating my own aps. It does take a bit of pressure,but they will go through the material. Also, because of the thickness, it is a bit difficult to get the kind of detail I had hoped for. But still, I'm really very happy with some of my CrAps (;-0).

Here's a thread that has a lot of good info:

[www.lensbaby.com]

Just some examples of CrAps I've made (all with x-actos or dremel tools) plus a lot more contributions from other folks.

As to The Upload Problem--I explained what at least works for me HERE

Hope you find this helpful--
Take care,

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today