Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

5 days ago by jffoto

Re: Tulipmania

view post

Lensbaby 3G and Macro lens

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Lensbaby 3G and Macro lens posted by kenlpeters July 22, 2010 12:46AM reply | quote
posted by kenlpeters
I just purchased a lensbaby 3g and it came with the macro lens and then the wide angle adapter. I was able to unscrew the wide angle adapter from the macro ring but I can not seem o unscrew the macro ring from the 3g. I have a two part question:
1) With the 3g is the macro ring supposed to come off?
2) If so, does it twist off or do I need to use the lens tool that is in the accessories part of the store.

Any information would be great. I purchased the aperture kit but I can not seem to find out where they go and think it is under the macro ring. if I could get it off I could make that determination.
Thanks
Ken
Re: Lensbaby 3G and Macro lens posted by Crabcakes July 22, 2010 06:57AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Hi Ken--

1) Yes. The macro ring is supposed to come of (I presume you got the WA/Macro Kit)

2)Yes, If 1) above is true, then the macro ring is supposed to twist off just like an ordinary lens filter/diopter.

and

2)a) Yes that is where the aperture rings go. There are little magnets just in front of the glass inside the 3G that grab the aperture rings. You just drop your chosen aperture in.

Welcome to the forum, and I hope you get it figured out.
Let us know how it goes,
Take care,

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/22/2010 06:58AM by Crabcakes.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today