Latest Post

13 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Lensbaby LM-10 now available

view post

soft focus lens

Newer Topic | Older Topic

soft focus lens posted by ameliamg July 06, 2010 01:25AM reply | quote
posted by ameliamg

Does the soft focus lens work with the macro lens?
Re: soft focus lens posted by ranfoto July 07, 2010 02:41PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Does the soft focus lens work with the macro lens?

Indeed it does !

The macro lenses just let you get closer to the subject.

The +4 gets you up real tight, while the +10 is strickly for small objects, when used together that's what is called macro Bending.

Adding extension tubes or a bellows also works for some interesting Bending......if you're not sure if something will work ....experiment.

Of course if the question is about what to purchase and will it work ? Then asking for some help is the way to go !
Re: soft focus lens posted by ameliamg July 09, 2010 02:01AM reply | quote
posted by ameliamg

great information, when stacking the +4 and +10 is there an order t0 put them in, like the +4 on the +10 or vice versa?
Re: soft focus lens posted by ranfoto July 13, 2010 03:39AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Is there an order t0 put them in, like the +4 on the +10 or vice versa?

Not really.....but I've found that you have to test everything to see how the optics work, you will get different results.....I doubt you will stack both optics together much.

Another tip is remove the swap optic from your Lensbaby and hold one or both of the macro optics in front of your Bender to get another macro perspective.

I made an adapter to hold the macros in place or you could just hack off the swap optic lens to make an adapter if you like the effect......of course that means you probably have destroyed that swap optic for it's original use, but some folks don't use the pinhole/zoneplate too much and I suppose if you were careful doing the hack, the optic could be taped back together.......if you get my drift :))

Part of the discovery of using your Bender is to invent your own ways of attaching optics, just because there's no direction for modifications.....doesn't mean you can't explore the many possibilities and uses for your Lensbaby imaging.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today