5 hours ago by jffoto

Re: Roma - Forum Romanum

view post

working the muse

Newer Topic | Older Topic

working the muse posted by rnestuff June 12, 2010 10:59PM reply | quote
posted by rnestuff
Hello,

I just recently purchased the lensbaby muse...I have a 35mm Nikon n55..I have not used the lens yet bc i cannot figure out out to take a picture with it on my camera. After the camera is on and i focus, when i hit the snap button it doesnt take..any suggestions? (i am very new to this)
thank

erica
Re: working the muse posted by mathogre June 13, 2010 12:01PM reply | quote
posted by mathogre

Hi Erica!

I don't have a Nikon, nor do I work film. Given no responses yet however, I thought I might offer a suggestion. (I looked at a quick start manual for the n55 online.)

Have you switched the mode dial on your camera to M? You probably have, so if so, sorry. If not, I'd guess that if you have it on any automatic modes the camera is expecting to communicate with the lens. Since it cannot, it doesn't know how to take the photo and therefore won't take the shot. I recall seeing info in one of the Lensbaby online FAQs or other literature that said Nikons must use manual mode.

Anyway, good luck, and hope this helps!

Graham
Re: working the muse posted by rnestuff June 14, 2010 05:47AM reply | quote
posted by rnestuff
Hey Graham-

thanks for your reply..I have changed all the settings to manual. I will take a look around and see if I can find anything else on here...

thanks again!

Erica
Re: working the muse posted by ranfoto June 15, 2010 01:46AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

The FAQ's list which Nikon models are manual only and those that have aperture priorty mode for helping with the exposure.

I say helping because, Bending is prone to exposure error more so then using original equipment lenses which don't do any tilting, shifting or Bending .

For film use, it very advisable to be able to meter through the lens, then bracket your exposures .

Film Bending can be frustrating, that's why digital Bending is more fun when you start out......seeing the results on an LCD screen makes for a shorter learning curve.

On the other hand with film there's the delight of discovery, sometimes what might may have seemed like a big mistake exposure wise, turns out to be a lovely image, especially if you do your own darkroom or scan work.

Since Bending is never quite perfect .....until you finish it into aRt.....it is then quite satisfying to master your own style and way of Bending.....be it on film or digital .

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today