Latest Post

6 days ago by jffoto

Re: Tulipmania

view post

Less Blur

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Less Blur posted by elusion11 June 12, 2010 03:05AM reply | quote
posted by elusion11
I'm thinking about buying a Lensbaby Composer and have been seeing a lot of pics shot with it. I know most people want too much blur, but I'm looking for a minimal blur on the edges.

How would I do that?
- crop images
- use a higher aperture? f/11?

I like the Holga/Diana look which has the basic blur. I want to minimize Photoshop editing, using filters, cropping to remove the excess blur on the edges etc.

Before I invest into the system could you'll share some of the tips/images of getting minimal blur.

Thanks!
Re: Less Blur posted by Debz June 12, 2010 04:38AM reply | quote
posted by Debz
My understanding of it so far (just received my lensbaby today!) is that using a different ap. disc will result in more/less blur as desired.
Re: Less Blur posted by Keithnc June 14, 2010 05:17AM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

The disc work like f-stops. So, the smaller hole will be like setting the f-stop for depth of field (less blur).
Also check out under GALLERY (above) and Optic comparison to see what each optic will look like and you can choose the disc (f-stop) to see the effect.
Re: Less Blur posted by ranfoto June 15, 2010 01:19AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Of course you can always invest in the soft focus Lensbaby optic, I've found it has less aberration on the edges compared to the double glass optic.

You control how sharp or soft as mentioned with the normal single hole apertures, the multi aps give you much more diffusion.

I'm into creating my own Holga/Dianna digital optics, so I make special adapters to swap these optic for use in my Lensbabies . It's not a simple hack job, so I recommend the Lensbaby soft optic as the easy solution to "less blur' Bending" .
Re: Less Blur posted by SeaWyf June 16, 2010 10:17PM reply | quote
posted by SeaWyf
f16 of f22 will give you less blur, I think.
Re: Less Blur posted by dodgysteve September 26, 2010 05:15AM reply | quote
posted by dodgysteve
HI I REALISE IM LATE INTO THIS TOPIC BUT YOU SAY YOU CONVERT LENSES TO FIT LENSBABY MIGHT YOU SHED A BIT MORE LIGHT, IVE JUST OPENED NEW TOPIC ASKING IF ANY ONE HAS MODDED TO FIT NORMAL LENS (BORING I KNOW ESPECIALLY IF YOU LIVE IN BRIGHTON ) IM IN WORTHING AND MUCH MORE OLD FASHONED HERE ! I WANT NORMAL LENS TO MAKE MINIATURE PICS ANY IDEAS, IM WELL UP FOR HACKING IM AN ENGENEER

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today