Latest Post

17 hours ago by CatGargoyle

Re: Leaf abstractions in B&W

view post

Problem focusing w/+10 macro

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Problem focusing w/+10 macro posted by magz June 12, 2010 12:47AM reply | quote
posted by magz
Am having a problem w/my +10 macro. Am using composer w/double glass, can't get the macro lens to focus. +4 works just fine. Using Canon 30D in manual mode. No aperture disks are being used. I've tried standing inches to feet away. When I stack the lens, still doesn't work. What am I doing/not doing wrong?
Re: Problem focusing w/+10 macro posted by caz1260 June 12, 2010 02:47AM reply | quote
posted by caz1260

hi

I'm pretty much new to this but I have a Composer (double glass) and have been able to get some images with the macro lenses - separately and stacked. The best I can suggest is, try with an aperture disk. I haven't done it aperture-less and the largest I've used is F4.

Hope this helps
Carole

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/12/2010 02:47AM by caz1260.
Re: Problem focusing w/+10 macro posted by magz June 12, 2010 02:57AM reply | quote
posted by magz
Thanks Carol. I will certainly try it. Funny how the macro +4 is just fine though. makes me wonder if there is something wrong w/the lens. Am going to put in an aperture disk right now! Thanks agin.
Re: Problem focusing w/+10 macro posted by magz June 12, 2010 03:26AM reply | quote
posted by magz
Hi Carol:

Put the 2.8 aperture disk in and was able to focus. Veerrry close! Not the three inches that is stated. Trust me, anything that moves, I will not use the +10!

Maggie
Re: Problem focusing w/+10 macro posted by caz1260 June 12, 2010 05:14AM reply | quote
posted by caz1260

I agree about the moving things! Even the slightest breeze makes a difference and the damn bees won't keep still! Glad you got something using an aperture disk.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/16/2010 06:59AM by caz1260.
Re: Problem focusing w/+10 macro posted by Kirsten (Admin) June 14, 2010 09:46AM reply | quote
posted by Kirsten

How far away from your subject are you? The + 10 has a 3-6 inch focusing distance.

Kirsten Hunter
Director of Customer Happiness

See more of my work on my blog:
www.livefrombeechstreet.blogspot.com
Re: Problem focusing w/+10 macro posted by ranfoto June 15, 2010 02:04AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Yikes.....if you're Bending insects with stingers......you might want to also add a telephoto lens to give you a little distance.....sticking your close up lenses inches from these critters is just asking to get them angry at you !!!

How would you like some "Photog" sticking a lens in your face when you're hard at work ?

Using conversion lenses along with your Macro Optics will give you some working distance and your subjects won't get "Bent" too out of shape with you poking into their business :))

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 06/15/2010 02:06AM by ranfoto.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today