Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

11 hours ago by Kirsten

Re: Roma - Forum Romanum

view post

Fisheye and Muse... without Adapter

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Fisheye and Muse... without Adapter posted by Yossarian May 26, 2010 02:24AM reply | quote
posted by Yossarian
I own both Composer and Muse, plus all Optics, including the Fisheye. As I am having trouble with the machanics of the Composer, and am about to send it back to Lensbaby for an exchange, I wonder if I could use the Fisheye with the Muse even without the Adapter, which I didn't buy?
I have tried successfully to mount the Lens to the Fisheye, but am now worried what will happen to my Camera or Mirror once I try to shoot?
From looking through the viewfinder, everything seems to be normal, apart from the fact that the circular corners are rather impossible to set straight here.

I have the Canon Mount Muse, using it on a 7D as well as 40D (both Crop 1.6).

Could it work? Do I risk my Mirror? What does the Adapter do actually?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 05/26/2010 02:25AM by Yossarian.
Re: Fisheye and Muse... without Adapter posted by Keri (Admin) May 26, 2010 08:50AM reply | quote
posted by Keri

Hi there. As the Fisheye Optic is larger than all of the others, there is a chance that it can hit and damage the mirror when you compress the Muse and Control Freak, which is why we sell the adapter - it just provides some extra space between the end of the optic and the mirror. So - we'd definitely suggest you purchase an adapter to play it safe. If you have any other questions you can email customer happiness directly at kirsten@lensbaby.com.

See more of my work at [kerifriedman.com] or [www.flickr.com]
Re: Fisheye and Muse... without Adapter posted by Yossarian May 26, 2010 02:32PM reply | quote
posted by Yossarian
Thanks for the answer, understand the issue now.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today