Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

21 hours ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

infrared conversion with lensbaby

Newer Topic | Older Topic

infrared conversion with lensbaby posted by nancyowho May 04, 2010 07:47AM reply | quote
posted by nancyowho
Wondering why I can't use my lensbaby muse on my infrared converted D70.

Anybody else having this problem? Would a different lensbaby work?
Re: infrared conversion with lensbaby posted by Texasc1978 May 04, 2010 11:56AM reply | quote
posted by Texasc1978
Do you have any pictures that the camera/lens have taken? What is it doing or better yet not doing?
Re: infrared conversion with lensbaby posted by daftmanic May 04, 2010 03:42PM reply | quote
posted by daftmanic
Hmmm... A dSLR converted for infrared is not optimum. That said... I doubt many have tried it. I'm sure that's no help.
Re: infrared conversion with lensbaby posted by Texasc1978 May 05, 2010 10:48AM reply | quote
posted by Texasc1978
I converted an old digital point and shoot to ir. It is pretty close to the older ir films, and I have taken some very sharp photos. Just need more light than normal.
Re: infrared conversion with lensbaby posted by platscha May 05, 2010 11:35AM reply | quote
posted by platscha
what happens, i have a d70 and works fine
Re: infrared conversion with lensbaby posted by daftmanic May 06, 2010 01:17AM reply | quote
posted by daftmanic
The light meters in dSLRs aren't ideal for IR conversion (not the sensor iteslf, that doesn't matter, the meter that measures is designed to ignore IR). You may be able to get away with it if you stick with live view. It's kinda technical, and I don't want to write all day. The information is available on the net.

Point and shoots are great for IR. Especially the advanced one like the Canon G series.

Either way, I can't explain the lens issue, but that could have something to do with it. :)
Re: infrared conversion with lensbaby posted by platscha May 06, 2010 11:17AM reply | quote
posted by platscha
the nikon d 70 is one of the best converted cameras for ir, works beautiful and i have no problem using it with lens baby
Re: infrared conversion with lensbaby posted by nancyowho May 07, 2010 12:36AM reply | quote
posted by nancyowho
Here's what happens when I put my lens baby on the converted D70.

Nothing. No image at all - total over exposure, no matter what ISO, shutter speed I use.

What settings are you using when you shoot?
Re: infrared conversion with lensbaby posted by David Morel May 21, 2010 10:44PM reply | quote
posted by David Morel

I use a converted d70 with my muse, no problems. You just need to set the exposure right. I put it in manual, guess the exposure, shoot, view the histogram, adjust exposure, repeat.

David L. Morel
www.davidmorelphoto.com

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today