8 hours ago by rusteer

Re: side light to flare

view post

FishEye Help

Newer Topic | Older Topic

FishEye Help posted by WingSpan Pictures April 23, 2010 08:15AM reply | quote
posted by WingSpan Pictures

Hi All,

I have seen some of the GREAT fisheye pics you have been taking, but was wondering how you adjust the lens so you see less black around the edges?

I am shooting on a Nikon d90, so any input would be much appreciated.

Thanks!
Re: FishEye Help posted by daftmanic April 23, 2010 12:01PM reply | quote
posted by daftmanic
Crop it in Photoshop? That would be the least painstaking option.
Re: FishEye Help posted by ranfoto April 24, 2010 05:37AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

That daft Gary is sort of an ironic poster, but probably right about it .....

As ...if I remember correctly, the D-90 uses the smaller DX sensor, so if you use the Lensbaby fisheye optic there will be less black because of the image circle of this fishey optic will almost cover the small sensor ......there may be some vignetting depending on the particular aperture one uses inside the fisheye optic .

The thing to remember is this Lensbaby optic is for Bending effects, if you want edge to edge coverage then go with either the .42X LB conversion lens or any super wide conversion lens you can attach to the 37mm threads of your Lensbaby ......somewhere in the range of .25X or .38X magnification .

Full frame sensors or 35mm film frame users will have to learn about stacking optics to get wider coverage since normal Lensbaby base optics are of normal 50mm focal length on full frame and close to 75mm on DX Nikon sensors .

All in all you have to educate yourself on what works and what won't......that's the way it is.......

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/24/2010 05:39AM by ranfoto.
Re: FishEye Help posted by daftmanic April 25, 2010 06:52AM reply | quote
posted by daftmanic
We make quite the team Ran... haha...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today