Latest Post

2 hours ago by CatGargoyle

Leaf abstractions in B&W

view post

How do I Fisheye?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

How do I Fisheye? posted by SomerPage April 12, 2010 08:04AM reply | quote
posted by SomerPage
Hey All! I just received my fisheye a few days ago. I've taken just a few shots, but I have one question:

Why can I not get more of a black frame around the image? My image always seems to be just breaking the frame.

Input?
Re: How do I Fisheye? posted by daftmanic April 12, 2010 08:15AM reply | quote
posted by daftmanic
Your sensor is probably smaller than full frame. What camera?
Re: How do I Fisheye? posted by SomerPage April 12, 2010 12:06PM reply | quote
posted by SomerPage
I have a Nikon D90. Anyway to fix this problem?
Re: How do I Fisheye? posted by Keithnc April 12, 2010 11:39PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

I don't think there is a fix for it. The problem is the APS size sensor. The lens is a 12mm normally but because of the crop factor (1.5x) the lens becomes a 18mm super wide angle. I have the same issue with D200.

You may be able do something in photoshop but that would be extra work sitting in front of a computer instead of shooting. :-(
Re: How do I Fisheye? posted by daftmanic April 13, 2010 03:07AM reply | quote
posted by daftmanic
But... Don't think that a fisheye lens isn't valuable because of this. It still provides a cool angle of view even on a crop frame sensor. Personally, I don't care for the circle-frame of most fisheye shots anyway. I love the super-wide look though. To each his own, and you'll just have to experiment more.
Re: How do I Fisheye? posted by ranfoto April 18, 2010 05:07AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

If you want more black area in your fishy images add a faux extension tube and vignette type aperture onto the front of your Lensbaby Fisheye Swapper lens.

How: Do some measuring then set off to find some (Black)tubing at your local plumbing supply store, a small piece will give you plenty to make your adapter from. Also look for a plastic cap for your vignetter .

You'll need to hacksaw to cut your tubing up and some drills to fashion the proper vignette hole from .

Or you could make a simple vignetter from some black paper, a bit of tape, and a few rubber bands to hold it on with .

Imagination and Bending a perfect fit for any image making challenge :) .

There' always more then one answer to finding an option for "HOW TO" .....I also like attaching old film canisters to my Benders for effects.... do some searching for the ancient posts on the subject here :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/18/2010 05:10AM by ranfoto.
Re: How do I Fisheye? posted by daftmanic April 23, 2010 12:08PM reply | quote
posted by daftmanic
Cool tip ranfoto! :)
Re: How do I Fisheye? posted by ranfoto April 24, 2010 04:59AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

:).....but daft did you try it yet....hee ?
Re: How do I Fisheye? posted by daftmanic April 25, 2010 07:04AM reply | quote
posted by daftmanic
Unfortunately, my fisheye lens fell in the Allegheny river here in Pittsburgh like 2 months ago. It was a day to forget. Thanks for reminding me about it! hahahah.... :)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today