Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

10 minutes ago by TG-J

Re: 63 Split Window Corvette

view post

Lensbaby for Hasselblad?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Lensbaby for Hasselblad? posted by postporter March 15, 2010 01:41AM reply | quote
posted by postporter
Does anyone know if it is possible to convert a Lensbaby to a Hassy 500CM? Not sure if it would even work since the shutter is in the Zeiss lens not the camera body (right?). Has anyone tried this or heard if one is being developed?
Thanks!
Re: Lensbaby for Hasselblad? posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) March 15, 2010 03:11AM reply | quote
I believe Hasselblad 500C and later (i.e. including your CM) have leaf shutters in the lens, but check out Cory Lum's flickr post here:
[www.flickr.com]
he stuck an older Lensbaby 3G on a Hass 2000CM !
Re: Lensbaby for Hasselblad? posted by postporter March 15, 2010 03:35AM reply | quote
posted by postporter
Thanks for that link Michael! That is so cool! I believe the 2000's had shutters built into the body. Would love to see a LB for the Hassy's!
Re: Lensbaby for Hasselblad? posted by ranfoto March 17, 2010 09:49AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Back in the beginning of Lensbaby development, Craig looked into creating a Blad Bender, there may have even been a few prototypes conceived for special friends.

The thing is there's no market for a production model, Craig made me a Lensbaby for my Pentax 6X7 ...it had to have an optic that would cover that field of view......I wanted one for my Hassey but the shutter part just made it too complicated for production and pricey I might add .

If price is no object, then it could be done by a good Hassey repair person or if you're handy with DIY projects, you could just make one yourself from Lensbaby parts and an optic that would cover about 100 mm circle.

Since most Lensbaby optics only cover about half that or at best a full frame 35mm negative ......it becomes a special project taking considerable time ......to gather up the pieces .

Cheaper to invest in a 6X7 Pentax body and buy one of the remaining 3"G" (6X7)type Lensbabys .....there are a few new ones in New York ....new old stock though .

Of course all this make sense only if you desire to have large roll film Bendies . Also check out one of the special Lensbabys made for the 645 Mamiya body......could use film or a digi back ?

In the real world of Bending ......digital sensors are having all the fun....isn't it a shame too ?
Re: Lensbaby for Hasselblad? posted by postporter March 17, 2010 08:28PM reply | quote
posted by postporter
Ran D.
It is a shame that digital is having all the fun! I do love my Lensbaby on my Canon EOS but am still partial to medium format film. My Hassy is my favorite camera to shoot with. I am looking into the Pentax 67 as an alternative but not really in the market for a new camera, at least not yet! Thanks for your info am headed over to your site to check out your work!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today