Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by ranfoto

Re: Burning it.

view post

Taking apart optic swap optic

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Taking apart optic swap optic posted by BARONDLA March 12, 2010 09:21AM reply | quote
posted by BARONDLA

Want to use a "lock ring" from one of the optic swap lenses to build my own optic. How does the plastic ring that locks into the LB body come loose from the metal barrel of optics? Are they glued or do they attach underneath the optic name color band?
thanks
barondla
Re: Taking apart optic swap optic posted by ranfoto March 17, 2010 08:13AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

How does the plastic ring that locks into the LB body come loose from the metal barrel of optics? Are they glued or do they attach underneath the optic name color band?

It's a secret, but if you don't mind tearing up a swapper it's called a press fit.

Craig said, that someday they (might) get around to releasing a DIY kit......but don't hold your breathe .

In the meantime I make my own press fit collars to hold DIY optics, check out some of the posts that I included pics of my DIY swappers.

I was going to modify my zoneplate/pinhole optic, but the zoneplate is too kool so I never hacked it.......it's the same story with all Lensbaby swappers, each one is just too good to use as a donner optic......that's why I decided to machine up some special parts instead of hacking my set of swappers.

I also found that the soft focus swapper besides being a nice portrait optic makes a great base optic for adding modifiers.....it seems the lens has less aberration then the double glass or single glass optics, which makes for much cleaner Bending and wider sweet spots with all kinds of conversion type lenses added .

As they say, "Different strokes for different folks".....all Bending is kewl if you ask me :) .
Re: Taking apart optic swap optic posted by BARONDLA March 19, 2010 10:19AM reply | quote
posted by BARONDLA

Ranfoto, thanks for the feedback. Will study the options. Would hate to destroy my zoneplate. You have some very interesting modifications! Now my brain is in warp drive.
thanks
barondla

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today