Lensbaby Studio Forums

What should i do when...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

What should i do when... posted by gruettner February 20, 2010 01:37AM reply | quote
posted by gruettner
I start my camera and it asks me what focal length i want to use? I can play around but does it really make a difference what i choose?

Also, how am i able to upload pictures in this forum to share with everyone?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/20/2010 03:06AM by gruettner.
Re: What should i do when... posted by Artificient February 21, 2010 08:37AM reply | quote
posted by Artificient

Nope, it shouldn't matter what the focal length is set ti in the camera. That is really determined by the aperture which is in the lens. LB's don't really have a true aperture, but the aperture discs instead.

If you want to upload photos, you can do it each time you post a comment. See the attach image thing to the right, when your posting? After you post an image on a thread, it will go straight to your gallery.

I hope I helped.

----------
www.Artificient.DeviantArt.com

6 is afraid of 7 because 7 ate 9. The police took 8 & 10 into custody under suspicion. They figured it must have been 8 or 10 because they were right next to 9 when it happened. The police told 8 & 10 how they found 9's remains half eaten in an ally...
Re: What should i do when... posted by mvuori February 21, 2010 02:19PM reply | quote
posted by mvuori
About the focal length, you should obviously tell the truth... why would you lie the camera about the focal length?

Your camera might use the information for for example adjusting sensor based vibration control, focus confirmation and other things.
Re: What should i do when... posted by TG-J (Admin) February 22, 2010 03:20AM reply | quote
posted by TG-J

If you are using a Nikon it uses that info when working out Matrix metering. If you're not using a Nikon you're probably thinking - What the heck is he talking about? tony
Re: What should i do when... posted by gruettner February 22, 2010 02:12PM reply | quote
posted by gruettner
I understand the Matrix metering. I just found it weird since i have never been asked that question from my camera. Everything is figured out though. THanks guys!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today