Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

Nikon D700 + Composer + wide angle

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Nikon D700 + Composer + wide angle posted by sniper_bcn January 21, 2010 05:04AM reply | quote
posted by sniper_bcn
Hi,

Tomorrow I'm getting the composer + the double and single glass optics + soft focus + wide angle accessory. My intention is to use this gear with the Nikon D700.

But I have a few questions fot those who are using similar gear.

First of all, I'm afraid the full frame sensor of the D700 is going to outperform the LB in such a way that the pictures will not be as good as if taken, for example, with a D40, D60 or similar bodies.

Next, as far as I understand (and please correct me if I'm wrong), the wide angle, and most specially the super wide angle (which I haven't ordered yet), are supposed to show a lot of vigneting when used with a full frame sensor. Is this correct? And if so... is there a way to solve this? Might a software like DxO Optics Pro help?

Thanks a lot in advance,

Daniel
Barcelona, Spain
Re: Nikon D700 + Composer + wide angle posted by lala11 January 21, 2010 07:24AM reply | quote
posted by lala11
I have a full frame canon and have the ultra wide angle attachment. In retrospect I should have purchased the less wider attachment because when I bend the lens I sometimes see the edge of the lens attachment. As long as I shoot straight this isn't an issue. Shooting straight also means the corners will be blurred so vignetting isn't a problem for me. I am new to this myself so but have come to love the creative options this lens offers.
Re: Nikon D700 + Composer + wide angle posted by marknpb January 21, 2010 12:14PM reply | quote
posted by marknpb

I have a Nikon D60 and even I see the edge of the lens vignetting if I bend too much, and I only have the .6x wide angle! My thoughts are to not think so much, experiment, and find out how the LB is best used on your camera. You'll get a feel for it, this is as much an art as a science after all! :)
Re: Nikon D700 + Composer + wide angle posted by mvuori January 21, 2010 09:12PM reply | quote
posted by mvuori
The pixel density of D700 is much lower than in the bodies you mentioned, so - vignetting aside - you should be able to get much better results!

As for vignetting, isn't that very much part of the Lensbaby experience...
Re: Nikon D700 + Composer + wide angle posted by sniper_bcn January 23, 2010 04:35AM reply | quote
posted by sniper_bcn
Thanks to all of you for your feedback, it has been very helpful.

Daniel

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today