Latest Post

27 minutes ago by MLedingham

Fisheye question

view post

Pinhole optic vs dust

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Pinhole optic vs dust posted by Fonti November 20, 2009 05:32PM reply | quote
posted by Fonti
Hello, I bought Pinhole/Zone Plate optic for my Composer and I have a little problem. I can see every single piece of dust on pictures taken with it (probably because of huge aperture). I clean sensor in my camera quite often and there is no dust on pictures taken with normal lenses, but with Pinhole optic it's terrible... Can you help me?
Re: Pinhole optic vs dust posted by mvuori November 20, 2009 05:48PM reply | quote
posted by mvuori
You see the dust because the aperture is very small, not because it is huge...

That's what pinholes do; it is nothing specific to Lensbaby Pinhole. You just need to clean your sensor better.
Re: Pinhole optic vs dust posted by RichB November 20, 2009 11:56PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

I "remove" the dust in my pinhole images by using repair features in Photoshop. It takes a little time, but it does clean up those spots nicely.

Rich
Re: Pinhole optic vs dust posted by ranfoto November 21, 2009 08:23AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

There's nothing like a pinhole check to see what's up an stickin' to ones sensor !

With film we didn't have to bother with the clean scene as much, but these digi boxes.......you'd think spiders lived in there.....hee !
Re: Pinhole optic vs dust posted by themacguy2k January 12, 2010 08:48AM reply | quote
posted by themacguy2k

You can always add a texture overlay in photoshop and use the dust to your advantage. Make it all part of the photo.. or create photos that would look good with a bit of a decayed or grunge look.

Nate
Re: Pinhole optic vs dust posted by hellokimmy86 June 21, 2011 01:28AM reply | quote
posted by hellokimmy86
i dropped mine in the sand at the park with my kids, theres a few annoying pieces but i just use the clone stamp in photoshop to take care of it, its extra work but i've even tried cleaning it with an air compressor with no help.
Re: Pinhole optic vs dust posted by BananaJoe June 21, 2011 06:35AM reply | quote
posted by BananaJoe
take it to a professional shop
they have specific materials to use on a sensor.
i did it after a year with my D300, but its not fair, it clean itself.

btw, air compressors can kill your shutter :|
Re: Pinhole optic vs dust posted by Superthor June 21, 2011 02:57PM reply | quote
posted by Superthor
Banana Joe,"compressed air" dont always mean air compressors,there is some kind of spray cans,made for camera cleaning.
Using an industrial piston compressor is unwise,as the air from these often contains small drops of water or compressor lubricant.

TRYING IS THE FIRST STEP TOWARDS FAILURE.

Homer Simpson
Re: Pinhole optic vs dust posted by emurph2 June 25, 2011 12:18AM reply | quote
posted by emurph2
I live very close to Canon and take mine in every couple of months for sensor cleaning. Still, when using that Pinhole, I saw so much dust. I like the idea of adding texture too. It's easier than trying to fix all the spots.
Re: Pinhole optic vs dust posted by GustavoEduardo July 12, 2011 02:52AM reply | quote
posted by GustavoEduardo
Air on cans also can have oil, I clean my sensor and use a manual pump to finish the work
and nothing better to check the sensor that the pinhole!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today