Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 days ago by CatGargoyle

Re: November walk

view post

How do I change the aperture disks?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

How do I change the aperture disks? posted by Adam Stanislav November 06, 2009 02:35AM reply | quote
posted by Adam Stanislav

Hello, I am new here. I just got my Composer LB a little over an hour ago.

I am completely puzzled about how to change the aperture disk. The manual is very terse, just says to touch the tip of the aperture tool to the disk and slowly lift the disk out.

Lift how? I can touch the disk with the tip, I can even push the disk a bit with it, but what do I lift it with?

Am I missing something?
Re: How do I change the aperture disks? posted by Adam Stanislav November 06, 2009 04:11AM reply | quote
posted by Adam Stanislav

Never mind, I figured it out. I did not realize the tip had a cover and was trying to touch it with the plastic cover on. Once I removed the cover and touched the disk, it came up and out easily.

I wish the manual had mentioned it, though. And I wish I had figured it out before shooting a whole roll of film with the default f/4 aperture.
Re: How do I change the aperture disks? posted by Michael from Lensbaby (Admin) November 07, 2009 06:32AM reply | quote
Glad you figured it out Adam. Show us some of those f4 shots once you get 'em processed & scanned.
Re: How do I change the aperture disks? posted by Adam Stanislav November 07, 2009 07:54AM reply | quote
posted by Adam Stanislav

I will. :)
Re: How do I change the aperture disks? posted by ranfoto November 07, 2009 04:00PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Wow this is so enlightening.......in the old days, the Original LensBender had a washer holding the apertures in, and if you didn't get it pushed back in it's little niche just right.......you lost the whole mess when it disappeared along the way.

Then ol' Craigster decided there had to be something much better and easier......magnetics !

Thing is we soon discovered.....open aperture bokeh was best and to heck with those dang washers.......of course soon after I decided to make matte disks or discos ......the world of Bending changed......it's all about the light !

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today