Latest Post

13 hours ago by ranfoto

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

Fish-eye question

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Fish-eye question posted by Keithnc November 04, 2009 10:25PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

I just received mine and was reading the instructions. It mentions to change aperture rings, to take the two pieces apart. How do you get them apart? I tried twisting but not budging.
Re: Fish-eye question posted by RichB November 04, 2009 10:42PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Keith,

Mine was REALLY tight and I also struggled to get it loose. I didn't give up and it finally loosened. It has been fine ever since, and I simply screw it on till it stops without trying to tighten it alot.

Rich
Re: Fish-eye question posted by Keithnc November 04, 2009 11:07PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Thanks, I'll try again. I didn't try to twist to hard, afraid to damage it.
Re: Fish-eye question posted by Craig (Admin) November 05, 2009 12:58AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Sorry about this. We found this problem out three days into shipping. One of our assembly staff did not realize his own strength and was tightening the front and back optical groups with way too much vigor. We went back to all the stock we had not shipped and loosened them up but some got shipped this way.

What has seemed to work for those that have called with this problem is, with the Fisheye Optic not mounted in your Composer, put a rubber band around each end and use that to get your traction to unscrew the front optical group from the back.

After this first loosening, tighten gingerly and you should not have any more problems with this in the future.

Sorry for the hassle.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Fish-eye question posted by Keithnc November 05, 2009 09:29PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

Thanks Craig, I'll try that.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today