Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 days ago by ebby62

Tiny Red Beetle

view post

Need suggestions on which filters to buy for LB...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Need suggestions on which filters to buy for LB... posted by mypoppy October 27, 2009 11:04AM reply | quote
posted by mypoppy
I've seen Tony Sweet do some incredible Lensbaby work using filters. I'd like to start using filters but don't want to make the mistake of buying filters I don't need.

Therefore, I really could use some advice on which type of filters I should buy.

Thanks
Re: Need suggestions on which filters to buy for LB... posted by RichB October 27, 2009 11:08AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

I have gotten the most use out of the following three filters with the Lensbaby:

1. Polarizers -- for better contrast in sky/clouds -- bluer sky.

2. Neutral Density filters -- to bump up the exposure time, such as to blur the motion of water in a creek.

3. North Star filters -- to make points of light in night shots more interesting.

Hopefully, other forum members will give you their ideas.

Rich
Re: Need suggestions on which filters to buy for LB... posted by Keithnc October 29, 2009 03:53AM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

I use a polarizer and ND
Re: Need suggestions on which filters to buy for LB... posted by isaaclam December 14, 2009 01:59PM reply | quote
posted by isaaclam
Can Composer use a normal 37mm filter? I have a few 52mm filer and would use it with a 37 to 52mm filter converter.
Re: Need suggestions on which filters to buy for LB... posted by ranfoto December 15, 2009 03:59AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Can Composer use a normal 37mm filter ?

I can't say yes to all 37mm filters out there, but I've had no problem with any of the 37mm attachments I've used on my Composer .
Re: Need suggestions on which filters to buy for LB... posted by picnic December 16, 2009 05:05AM reply | quote
posted by picnic
isaaclam
Can Composer use a normal 37mm filter? I have a few 52mm filer and would use it with a 37 to 52mm filter converter.

The shade/hood is basically a converter from 37 to 52--more than a step up ring. I got it free with the Composer from B & H in a special. Most of my filters are 62mm so I use them with a step up ring, 52-62mm. Polarizer, ND and I've tried IR.

Diane
Re: Need suggestions on which filters to buy for LB... posted by bcwhite December 27, 2009 02:58AM reply | quote
posted by bcwhite

Hi!! I just got my first LB this Christmas, a Composer. I never even considered using my filters with my LB until reading this post. At first I though I was gonna have to buy more equipment, a step-up ring or two at least, but after a little playing, not so. The nice thing is the filters I use are 58mm screw-ons and Cokin P-series, all of which are plenty bigger than the LB...so I just hold them. Yep, just hold them right in front...the Composer wont move so it works just fine. Kind of primitive I suppose but I like it that way...

bcwhite

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today