Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

11 hours ago by ranfoto

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

"WEBCASTS" are practically USLESS for newcomers to Lensbaby

Newer Topic | Older Topic

"WEBCASTS" are practically USLESS for newcomers to Lensbaby posted by mypoppy October 25, 2009 03:56AM reply | quote
posted by mypoppy
This week, I plan to purchase the Lensbaby and quite a few of the accessories.
So, what I'm doing in order to familiarize myself with this new kind of photography is try to learn as much as I can so that when I do get all my Lensbaby equipment, I'll have a fairly good idea of how to us it...

I noticed that in the Lensbaby "Studio", and under "Webcasts" there are listed quite a few accomplished Lensbaby photographers for the newcomer to peruse...

BUT, of all those fine photographers, only KATHLEEN CLEMONS and RON Goldman mention in print, what type of lensbaby they were using to photograph their shots. In mentioning their type Lensbaby they used for a shot is most important for us newcomers. And, its an invaluable learning tool!.. with my personal photos, I constantly read the EXIF date on a particular photo in order to improve on it if it needs it..

So, I compliment Kathleen Clemons and Ron Goldman for sharing their Lensbaby information with us newcomers , but for those others on that Webcast, I'll say nothing!..
Re: "WEBCASTS" are practically USLESS for newcomers to Lensbaby posted by shurla5 October 25, 2009 04:17AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

Have your checked out the Gallery\Photo Gallery - you can
pull up photos that are tagged with the different optics. That will give you a good idea of what type of shot the optics produce.
Re: "WEBCASTS" are practically USLESS for newcomers to Lensbaby posted by mypoppy October 25, 2009 04:27AM reply | quote
posted by mypoppy
To: shurla5,

Yes, I have already done that and its GREAT!...and, its a terrific learning tool!...
Thanks for responding to my dilemma!...
Re: "WEBCASTS" are practically USLESS for newcomers to Lensbaby posted by shurla5 October 25, 2009 04:31AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

You do have some georgous macro shots! I can't wait to see
the results from the lensbaby that you choose.
Re: "WEBCASTS" are practically USLESS for newcomers to Lensbaby posted by mypoppy October 25, 2009 06:09AM reply | quote
posted by mypoppy
To: shurla5,

You are too kind!...but, who doesn't love a compliment!..

Yes, I'm anxious to get started with Lensbaby, and this coming week I do plan on purchasing a bunch of their stuff..

I've been browsing this Forum and checking out what others have done with LB and the spectum goes from: "Great to Lousy!"... simple as that!... meaning, some of the LB photos I've seen are "spectacular" to "terrible"...but, of course, thats my humble miserable opinion!..

I can only hope that when I do post my LB photos here, that they're not lousy!..
Thanks again for your kind comment!..
Re: "WEBCASTS" are practically USLESS for newcomers to Lensbaby posted by ranfoto November 07, 2009 03:11PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Well....lousy or not..... opinion is just opinion, have fun, be open to discovery......don't get caught up in good or bad.

After all they're just images :)) !

You can learn alot from just looking at other folks creations.......in fact you don't even have to appreciate the images to learn something new .

So much for my two cents on the subject .

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today