Latest Post

19 hours ago by barb

Re: getting started with lens baby

view post

Muse and Zone Plate

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Muse and Zone Plate posted by mattdm October 13, 2009 08:56AM reply | quote
posted by mattdm
So, I have the Lensbaby 2.0, and I love it — even if I only rarely get a good result, I have a lot of fun.

Recently, I've been drooling over the zone plate optic. I like both the images I see people making with it and the intriguing physics. So, my 2.0 is up for sale and I'm going to upgrade.

My question is: with the small aperture of the zone plate, I'm expecting to have a lot of long exposures. That seems nearly impossible with the squeeze-to-focus system. Is anyone using the Muse with the Zone Plate optic? Can you comment on how it feels?

The $170 jump to the Composer seems a bit much.

Thanks for your comments!
Re: Muse and Zone Plate posted by MisterX October 22, 2009 11:29PM reply | quote
posted by MisterX
Hi matt,

I have both Muse and Zone Plate optic. It is possible to shoot with them, you only need bright light (sunny or bright overcast) and ISO 800.

Regards,
Xavier
Re: Muse and Zone Plate posted by mattdm October 22, 2009 11:52PM reply | quote
posted by mattdm
MisterX
Hi matt,

I have both Muse and Zone Plate optic. It is possible to shoot with them, you only need bright light (sunny or bright overcast) and ISO 800.

Regards,
Xavier

Thanks Xavier. I actually went ahead and sprung for the Composer, and now slightly regretting it -- I'm missing the squeeze-focus operation of the 2.0.

Are there any drawbacks you can think of with the Muse and zone plate? Does the bendable design get in the way at all?

Thanks again!
Re: Muse and Zone Plate posted by MisterX October 24, 2009 05:08AM reply | quote
posted by MisterX
Hi Matt,

there are no particular drawback with the Muse and Zone Plate : you will achieve strange results with a slow shutter speed, same as you could get with the others optics.

Regards,
Xavier

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today