Lensbaby Studio Forums

Does LB work on Nikon D60?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Does LB work on Nikon D60? posted by Photography93 October 06, 2009 05:43AM reply | quote
posted by Photography93
I am toying on the idea of buying a lensbaby, though I don't know wether or not I will be able to use it on my Nikon D60. I was also worried because I saw a post with someone saying that their lens got stuck onto their camera body.
Re: Does LB work on Nikon D60? posted by Keithnc October 07, 2009 04:03AM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

You should be able to use it but not in aperture priority mode. You would have to use in manual mode and figure the metering. The posting about the lense stuck on their camera, meant that they did not want to take it off since it is fun to use. Not that it was physically stuck on the camera.

This is from the FAQ section above:

Q. Why can't I get my Lensbaby to meter on my Nikon D40, D40x, D50, D60, D70, D70(s), D80, D90, D100, N80, Fuji S1, S2, S3 etc.?

A. Older and more expensive current Nikon cameras have a mechanical link between the aperture mechanism on lenses with an aperture ring. Nikon stopped putting this mechanical interface on the lower priced camera bodies. In order to make a mount that physically accepts all F-mount lenses, but avoids messing up an active meter that has no way of knowing what aperture the lens is going to be at the moment of exposure, Nikon disabled the meter altogether on these lower priced models (this a relative criteria since we are talking about $2000 D100 cameras and $400 N80 cameras).
Re: Does LB work on Nikon D60? posted by platscha October 07, 2009 12:53PM reply | quote
posted by platscha
I hgave a D300 and it will also not meter on apoerture mode, not a lower priced Nikon model.
Re: Does LB work on Nikon D60? posted by Keithnc October 07, 2009 10:15PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

You should be able to meter with the D300. I have the D200 which is before the D300 and I have not problem in aperture mode. When you look at the Metadata, it will show 0 f-stop that is because there is no electronic conection between the lens and camera.
Re: Does LB work on Nikon D60? posted by platscha October 08, 2009 12:44PM reply | quote
posted by platscha
If I have the lens baby composer on my D300 Nikon, and set to apereture control, the reading says f 11 you cannot make it dial up or down it stays on f 11 no matter what apoerture ring you have in the composer and you cannot change it period.
I shoot in manual and can adjust both aperture and shutter speeds in that mode, if in P mode it will not shoot at all.
Re: Does LB work on Nikon D60? posted by marknpb December 02, 2009 11:58AM reply | quote
posted by marknpb

I have a Nikon D60 and the LensBaby does work on it. You just have to use it in manual mode. It's actually fun figuring out what settings to use, and some "accidents" where the settings are wrong for what you're trying to do may even come out better than you expect! :)
This thing is a TOY for me and I love just playing around with it. Here's my favorite shot I took with the LB 2.0 I just returned so I could get the composer....See, it took me only 6 tries to get the image I wanted, this was 20 minutes into the first time I've ever used an LB.
Shot 1, LB gathered so much light, it's ALL blown out
2nd shot, ok it's a tree!
Third shot, getting in the right exposure range, focus is tricky.
4th shot...well, i THOUGHT i did something different. Guess not. :)
5th shot, everything is where I want except focus...
6th shot....finally! :)
Keep practicing and most importantly, have FUN with it. The LB will certainly bring more joy into photography for almost anyone. I know it did for me. :)

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 12/02/2009 12:01PM by marknpb.
Re: Does LB work on Nikon D60? posted by Avik July 25, 2010 06:36AM reply | quote
posted by Avik
Hi,

The LB is working fine on my D300. Bought the lens a week back. Sharing some images.

A

©Avik Chatterjee
Re: Does LB work on Nikon D60? posted by Nino August 27, 2010 06:28AM reply | quote
posted by Nino

Hi,the LB works perfectly in my Nikon D200.I work only in manual mode.There is no problems.Try it!

Nino

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/27/2010 08:35AM by Nino.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today