Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

4 hours ago by Bender

Re: Elements Study (water)

view post

Where can I find info on this site about using Sony with LBs?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Where can I find info on this site about using Sony with LBs? posted by Ol' Don August 27, 2009 02:34AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

I've searched all over this place and can find no specifics about using Lensbabies with Sony gear. On the FAQ is says to go to the Sony/Minolta page. Well, where is that?

Any suggestions? Thanks for any.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: Where can I find info on this site about using Sony with LBs? posted by catmando August 27, 2009 10:30AM reply | quote
posted by catmando
I second this. I got my Composer yesterday for my A200.

So far I've worked out that the A200 doesn't have (at least in my 1.00 firmware) the shutter lock -> off menu. I put it in manual mode, which IIRC is what the manual said about fully manual or non electric lenses. It works very nicely, and manual mode is better for actually practicing some real photography as opposed to point and click.

One question though - my composer doesn't seem to sit as tight in its fitting as my other lenses. If i push on the locking ring area I can actually shift it around (only very slightly). Is this because of the interchangeable optics, and is it normal?

Ol' Don, let me know if you run into any problems - it'd be nice to talk to someone else who actually uses Sony gear.
Re: Where can I find info on this site about using Sony with LBs? posted by dewberry1964 August 27, 2009 10:41AM reply | quote
posted by dewberry1964

I use the LB Composer with the A300. With that model you just set the camera to manual and set the toggle to shutter priority and meter using that since your aperture is fixed. So far no problems at all. I'm prettu sure that any Sony will work in a similar fashion on manual. I THINK the A100 lets you set it to ignore the fact it thinks there is no lens and you can actually set it to shutter priority and it will work. I think the A700 will also do it, but check the A700 manual if that option is available.
Re: Where can I find info on this site about using Sony with LBs? posted by catmando August 27, 2009 07:57PM reply | quote
posted by catmando
Dewberry - on your A300, does the composer sit completely tight in the fitting (re. my question above)?
Re: Where can I find info on this site about using Sony with LBs? posted by Crabcakes August 28, 2009 02:59AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Hey All! I ACTUALLY use Sony Gear too!! ;-)

Ol'Don--where's the "official" info?...I have no idea. Sorry.

catmando--Manual is definitely better for exposure control--even in ApPriority mode, you're still letting the camera do the thinking and it can be pretty dumb sometimes (Trust me though, I get lazy a lot!...and use Amode...)

Dewberry--You're right about the a100 and a700 being set to ignore the lack of a lens. Works fine and I've never had trouble.

Here are a couple of previous threads re:Sonys...

[lensbaby.com]

[lensbaby.com]

[lensbaby.com]

Hope this helps!

If you have any questions, feel free to PM me--I shoot with a100 and a700.

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: Where can I find info on this site about using Sony with LBs? posted by dewberry1964 August 29, 2009 01:56PM reply | quote
posted by dewberry1964

catmando
Dewberry - on your A300, does the composer sit completely tight in the fitting (re. my question above)?

everything seems to be locked down snug, no problems at all
Re: Where can I find info on this site about using Sony with LBs? posted by mrtn78 December 02, 2009 11:00PM reply | quote
posted by mrtn78
I find my LB sits a bit loose on my A300 as well.
Re: Where can I find info on this site about using Sony with LBs? posted by isaaclam December 14, 2009 01:51PM reply | quote
posted by isaaclam
My LB is sitting well on my A850. I have you use M mode rather than A mode for shooting. As far as I know, there is only A100 and A700 can be used A mode.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today