Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

4 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Perth Royal Show

view post

camera settings Nikon D300

Newer Topic | Older Topic

camera settings Nikon D300 posted by Micheline August 13, 2009 10:57AM reply | quote
posted by Micheline
I recently bought the Composer. One thing I do not understand is how to fix the shutter speed if I put my camera on manual mode ? I have a Nikon D300. I understood that if I put, let us say, the F4.0 ring into the Composer, theaperture is fixed.
But viewing a video, I heard that we have to fix aperture priority on our camera. But if we are on manual mode, how does the camera know that the aperture is F4,0 and how does it to fix the good shutter speed. Where can I see what shutter speed I am using ? Please answer me ! I am desperate !
Micheline
Re: camera settings Nikon D300 posted by SKF August 13, 2009 12:06PM reply | quote
posted by SKF

Micheline,
I use a D300 in aperture priority. It just measures the light and adjusts the shutter speed itself for (mostly) correct exposures. This is the easiest way to shoot with an LB. You can go to manual and adjust the shutter speed yourself and I think the aperture just shows as a dash. That will be more challenging. Sometimes I measure the light in AP to give me a ball park and then shoot in manual if I deliberately want to over/under expose. Just play around lots and you'll soon work it out.

steve
Re: camera settings Nikon D300 posted by Micheline August 14, 2009 02:01PM reply | quote
posted by Micheline
Steve,

Thank you so much ! It was very kind of you to answer. Your reply was very clear. It helped me a lot
Sincerely,

Micheline
Re: camera settings Nikon D300 posted by PhotoCitizen August 21, 2009 01:21AM reply | quote
posted by PhotoCitizen
Micheline,

The aperture display on your top LCD will show f/0. That's because there is no electrical connection between the lens and the camera body as there would be with a normal lens. Fortunately, the Nikon D300 does not need the aperture information to make a correct exposure in Aperture Priority mode.

I even get excellent exposures with a flash on my D300 - both the pop-up and a shoe-mounted SB-800.

Good luck.

Alan
[PhotoCitizen.com]
Information for traveling photographers.
Re: camera settings Nikon D300 posted by Micheline August 21, 2009 07:33AM reply | quote
posted by Micheline
Thank's Photo Citizen.

It helps a lot. When I get a good picture, I will load it up on this site.

Have a good weekend. You made mine wiyh your reply.

Micheline

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today