Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

3 hours ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

What's the difference between some accessories?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

What's the difference between some accessories? posted by jezebel August 10, 2009 10:29AM reply | quote
posted by jezebel
I just brought home my first Lensbaby, a Composer. I am now shopping for accessories, and I am curious to know what the difference is between some of the offerings.

For example, and most specifically at the moment, what's the difference between the Lensbaby 37mm 0.6x Wide Angle/Macro Conversion Lens Kit and the macro filters kit? Or between the wide angle/macro & the wide angle/telephoto? Or what if I get the super wide angle, can I use the macro filters on it? Can I get a telephoto lens separately? Can I get a wide angle/telephoto/macro kit?

Once I start buying accessories (and you know I will) I don't want to be duplicating myself. Although I hesitate to say that because I have also decided I need a Muse because the one I tried was lots of fun.

Thanks for any insights anyone can give me.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/10/2009 12:34PM by jezebel.
Re: What's the difference between some accessories? posted by jezebel August 11, 2009 04:57AM reply | quote
posted by jezebel
OK, I see that the 37mm 0.6x Wide Angle/Macro Conversion Lens Kit I asked about is not currently offered on the Lensbaby site. I saw it on a camera dealer's site. I'm guessing it's a discontinued item...? Sorry for the confusion.
Re: What's the difference between some accessories? posted by Bender August 11, 2009 09:18AM reply | quote
posted by Bender

The macro 4x and 10x kit lenses do not screw onto the telephoto or wide angle lenses as they are a smaller diameter. You screw them onto the end of your Composer or Muse. In fact, all of these lenses are meant to screw onto the main Lensbabies. Except for being able to stack the two macros I don't believe any other lens attachments are combinable, they are all meant to be used one at a time.

My advice is to start with the one you have coming and then pick up the optic kit. I found I prefer the double glass optic over most of the others but they all have their place and are fun to experiment with. If you're like me you will end up getting every single optic and attachment plus many custom aperture discs to cut up and play with. You'll have a blast with it I guarantee. ;)

Peter
Re: What's the difference between some accessories? posted by Keithnc August 11, 2009 09:44PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

The 37mm 0.6x Wide Angle/Macro Conversion Lens was their first wide angle lens. The macro part screws off the back to use as a Macro lens or together for wide angle. I have it but do not use very often.
As stated above by Peter, the super wide, you can not use the Macro kit since the filter size is wider. Not sure if anyone tried it on the back, hmm that may be interesting combo.
The macro kit can be stacked together or use separately. I use this kit a lot.
I just recently upgraded from a 3G to Composer. I also got the different optics and like experimenting with them. I use the double optic and Macro kit the most.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 09:46PM by Keithnc.
Re: What's the difference between some accessories? posted by jezebel August 11, 2009 11:20PM reply | quote
posted by jezebel
Thanks for the help!! I ordered some accessories last night. Can't wait to play some more.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 08/11/2009 11:21PM by jezebel.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today