Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

7 hours ago by Niefol

Early effort with new toy

view post

lensbaby lenses with Lumix GH1 or D90?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

lensbaby lenses with Lumix GH1 or D90? posted by kstea1 July 05, 2009 09:43AM reply | quote
posted by kstea1
just stumbled upon this site... it may be a stupid question, but i was planning on grabbing a Lumix GH1 when it comes out, and was wondering which lenses would be appropriate for those cameras to use with vid... the movie lenses or the slr lenses?
thanks!
Re: lensbaby lenses with Lumix GH1 or D90? posted by sam July 08, 2009 04:59AM reply | quote
posted by sam

Hi kstea1,

You should be able to use any Micro 4/3 lens. . . . I'm not sure what is available right now. Unfortunately Lensbaby has not made a Micro 4/3 lens yet.

If you got the D90 then any Nikon F mount lens would work great to make movies, including the Lensbaby Composer and Muse in Nikon F mount.

I hope this helps,

Sam

see with the eyes of a child
Re: lensbaby lenses with Lumix GH1 or D90? posted by Captured Light July 08, 2009 07:26PM reply | quote
posted by Captured Light

You would be able to use the 4/3rds mount Lensbabies on the GH1 with a 4/3rd to micro 4/3 adapter. The flange depth on the M4/3rd bodies is short enough that most lenses can be used with it if you can find an adapter. Of course, you'll lose AF and AE functions :O)

The 2x crop factor takes a while to get used to and you lose a or of the distinctive Lensbaby blur around the sweet spot due to cropping.

Now, go make some movies!

Rick
Re: lensbaby lenses with Lumix GH1 or D90? posted by sam July 09, 2009 02:13AM reply | quote
posted by sam

Hi Rick,

I just became aware of the 4/3rds to micro 4/3rds adapters yesterday. Your comment is quite helpful. Thank you!

Sam

see with the eyes of a child

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today