Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 days ago by CatGargoyle

Re: November walk

view post

LB2.0 with 4/3rds sensor (Olympus or Panasonic)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

LB2.0 with 4/3rds sensor (Olympus or Panasonic) posted by picnic June 14, 2009 11:55PM reply | quote
posted by picnic
I've had an LB 2.0 for a good while and admittedly have not used it much with my 5D, but have added a Panasonic G1 and while I use it a good deal with legacy MF lenses, believe that the LB may be fun with it (has great MF assist). I'm curious about others using the LB with the 4/3rds sensor (Oly or Panny)--since it will be basically a 100mm FOV--starting with something like an f/4.0 aperture (none in LB 2.0).

I have an EOS to m4/3rds adaptor on the way so will use my EF mount LB--but if I find I really enjoy it, may buy a Composer in 4/3rds mount (would use with 4/3rds to m4/3rds adapator as I do several other lenses).

Diane
Re: LB2.0 with 4/3rds sensor (Olympus or Panasonic) posted by Ol' Don June 15, 2009 12:53PM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

I really can't wait to hear how it works out for you. I admire your
photos and posting "demeanor" so much on that other forum.

I can't answer your question, but am wondering the same things about the G1, so I'll stay tuned to the thread. I am now so hooked on these lensbabies that I am considering their cost into the cost of adding a new platform (lensmount) to my stable of equipment.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: LB2.0 with 4/3rds sensor (Olympus or Panasonic) posted by Captured Light July 03, 2009 12:18PM reply | quote
posted by Captured Light

I just started using my Lensbabies on my new 4/3rd cameras. It's strange with the 100mm FOV. The f/4 DOF and crop factor impact the size of the sweet spot (it's bigger) and the amount of blur you get when bending.

I've included a few example shots. Except for the star aperture shot, these are without aperture disk. Composer with the single glass optic.

The Lensbaby is like an entire system of lenses now for me. I have a 35mm Canon body I use which gives you the widest FOV and the smallest sweetspot through APS-C crop size to now the 4/3rds crop and the 100mm FOV. Change apertures,optics and adapters and you can cover almost any situation!

Hope this helps and inspires.

Rick
Re: LB2.0 with 4/3rds sensor (Olympus or Panasonic) posted by paul morgan August 12, 2009 06:35AM reply | quote
posted by paul morgan

All I use are 4/3 bodies and no problems with the 100mm FOV, if I want to go wider I just add the wide angle adapter.

The difference in crop between 4/3 verses any of crop camera is not really that great is it, 15mm or so I think.
Re: LB2.0 with 4/3rds sensor (Olympus or Panasonic) posted by Ol' Don August 13, 2009 12:20PM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Well the Original Poster was referring to Micro 4/3, not 4/3. This would be a camera such as the Panasonic G1 or the Olympus E-P1.

I don't know if Lensbaby plan to make a m4/3 mount or not.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!
Re: LB2.0 with 4/3rds sensor (Olympus or Panasonic) posted by picnic August 18, 2009 05:32AM reply | quote
posted by picnic
I've done next to nothing with the Lensbaby thus far so need to make sure its in my bag so I have it avaiable. I have to use an EOS to m4/3rds adaptor since my mount is EF.

The crop factor is the same for 4/3rds or m4/3rds (2x my 35mm 5D, so the FOV is 100mm)--the sensor size is the same. Its the flange depth that is different on the camera due to not having a mirror. Its particularly nice to use with the G1 because of the MF assist--and the onscreen histo. I really really need to explore more with it on the G1 (I do have both the wide angle and tele converter for it as well as macro dipoters--I wonder if those will fit the composer which I suspect I would like more--but....own the 2.0).

Diane

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today