Latest Post

2 days ago by RichB

Re: Blue Bells and Butter Cups

view post

Sony Users

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sony Users posted by Sprited May 21, 2009 02:22PM reply | quote
posted by Sprited
Hello everyone, popped by last night and noticed a few other Sony users having a similar problem to myself. Having solved the "problem" I thought I'd share, and start a new thread rather than reply to everyone.

If you have a Sony, to get your Lensbaby to work all you have to do is set the camera to manual mode (using the dial on the top left of the camera body) and also set the camera to manual focus (on the left, beside the lens).

I assume this is the same for Minolta users, but can't be certain as I don't have one.
Re: Sony Users posted by sam July 08, 2009 05:00AM reply | quote
posted by sam

Hi Spirited,

Thanks for sharing this tip!

Sam

see with the eyes of a child
Re: Sony Users posted by Crabcakes July 08, 2009 06:03AM reply | quote
posted by Crabcakes

Important to note: At least with the a100 and a700, you have to change a setting in the Custom Menus--

On the a100: in Custom Menu 2 change Shutter Lock to "Off:No Lens"

On the a700: in Custom Menu 2 change "Release w/o lens" to "Enable"

I have had no trouble shooting in Aperture Priority mode with either of these cameras.

As for the other Sony models (a200, a300, a350), the above info/settings may be different. Anyone with that info, Please share!

Thanks to Spirited for starting this tread.

Johnny Crabcakes

"Failure is the key to success;
Each mistake teaches us something."
--Morihei Ueshiba
Re: Sony Users posted by Diehmili July 09, 2009 05:23AM reply | quote
posted by Diehmili

my a350 needs to be set to manual mode. I think its the same with a200/300 as they are one family.

on the 7xi while power off, press and hold "ael" and "func" and move the power switch from "lock" to "on" to disable shutter lock.

maybe its possible to attach a chip from James LaoT (Dyxum member) to a lensbaby. the m42 version looks promissing. i will give it a try in my summer holiday.

a fascinated sony-lensbaby-rookie

Bernd

Minolta 7xi, Sony Alpha 350 - Composer

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 07/09/2009 05:37AM by Diehmili.
Re: Sony Users posted by pako July 14, 2009 01:57AM reply | quote
posted by pako
Diehmili
my a350 needs to be set to manual mode. I think its the same with a200/300 as they are one family.

Sames goes for the A900: you can only use the lensbaby on M mode -it's a shame, Sony has to fix this soon!

Pako Dominguez
----------------------
www.phototeka.net
Re: Sony Users posted by Diehmili July 30, 2009 04:47AM reply | quote
posted by Diehmili

Diehmili
maybe its possible to attach a chip from James LaoT (Dyxum member) to a lensbaby. the m42 version looks promissing. i will give it a try in my summer holiday.

as i am in my summer holiday now, i gave it a try

AND IT WORKS!

AF-Confirm and A-Mode both work.

Here is one shot from today - my cat. See exif for details.

I made some kind of photo documentation, but done with a Tamron 90 Macro and one with my Nikon S6 showing AF-Confirm in liveview. Should i post it?

a even luckier Lensbaby-Rookie ;->

Bernd...

Minolta 7xi, Sony Alpha 350 - Composer
Re: Sony Users posted by SplitImage February 19, 2010 09:23AM reply | quote
posted by SplitImage
Thanks for the manual manual tip. That got rid of the "Lens" warning and allowed me to take some first pics. I cannot adjust my apature however, there is a - in the apature location instead of number. Adjusting the apature works with my regular lenses.

Any suggestions?
Re: Sony Users posted by kskinner February 23, 2010 08:53AM reply | quote
posted by kskinner

I have an A-850 and have yet to use my LB on it (I've reserved my Olympus E-3 for this normally). All I can say is I like M mode. I use it exclusively on the E-3 and don't feel it's an imposition at all.

Keith Skinner
Berkeley, CA
[renegadeimage.wordpress.com]
Re: Sony Users posted by TFD March 03, 2010 08:19AM reply | quote
posted by TFD
SplitImage, your lens should have come with some aperture discs (with a tool) that you put into the lens to change aperture.
Re: Sony Users posted by LadyPharrell September 20, 2010 10:23AM reply | quote
posted by LadyPharrell
I have an a350 and a LB Muse. Last night I tried to go through all the settings on A mode and M mode and I still coudn't get the lens warning off. I go away to Italy for three weeks at the end of this week and really want to be able to use my LB while I'm gone, can someone please please offer any assistance?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today