Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

9 hours ago by Photos4life

Composer Pro Double Glass

view post

Infrared IR - how does the Lensbaby do as a lens for that?

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Infrared IR - how does the Lensbaby do as a lens for that? posted by Lil Judd April 25, 2009 01:45AM reply | quote
posted by Lil Judd
I'm just about to convert a camera to IR & I have a composer with the new extra wide attachment.

I'm wondering how the Lensbaby works as an IR lens as I've heard not all lenses work for that.

Thanks

Lil :-)

Wishing you Golden Light & Willing Subjects... My ever growing site of photos can be seen at

[lilknytt.zenfolio.com]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 04/25/2009 01:45AM by Lil Judd.
Re: Infrared IR - how does the Lensbaby do as a lens for that? posted by blobsmith April 25, 2009 07:20AM reply | quote
posted by blobsmith

Hi,
As far as I am aware the lensbaby will work, when all is said and done a lens is just that, a bit of glass that focuses light - infra red or otherwise in a controlled way - it is the sensor/film that picks it up, long exposures required so a decent tripod needed - guess that some experimentation will be required with regard to focus and exposure, check your histogram - good luck, it will be interesting to see the results - be sure and post some!
Re: Infrared IR - how does the Lensbaby do as a lens for that? posted by Lil Judd April 25, 2009 07:42AM reply | quote
posted by Lil Judd
OK thank you. It's just that I've been warned that some lenses are just very bad for IR - so I thought I'd ask....

OK, once the camera arrives after conversion I'll try some.

Thank you for replying...

Lil :-)

Wishing you Golden Light & Willing Subjects... My ever growing site of photos can be seen at

[lilknytt.zenfolio.com]

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today