Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

14 hours ago by Sophia_Pudding

Re: IT Geek

view post

Difficulty adjusting composer

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Difficulty adjusting composer posted by priscellie March 26, 2009 01:24AM reply | quote
posted by priscellie

I'm having trouble swiveling the "sweet spot" of my Lensbaby Composer. Most of the time, even with the tension ring at the most "open" setting, it is very difficult to swivel the lens around, and it makes little popping sounds when I try.

The only time I can get it to move smoothly, as it should operate, is when the focusing ring is all the way out, at infinity.

Is this a quirk of the Composer's design, or is my model somehow flawed?

Thanks in advance,
Priscilla
Re: Difficulty adjusting composer posted by PiscesDreamer March 27, 2009 05:37PM reply | quote
posted by PiscesDreamer
The "little popping sounds" shouldn't exist. It should be have a normal "smooth" sound. Did you get this from a local store? If there is one near you, you can try theirs out to compare the lens. However, it does sound like you received a defective copy.
Re: Difficulty adjusting composer posted by astronomyadrienne March 30, 2009 02:54AM reply | quote
posted by astronomyadrienne

Are you sure you do not have the locking ring locked?
Re: Difficulty adjusting composer posted by priscellie April 03, 2009 04:55AM reply | quote
posted by priscellie

I purchased it from the Lensbaby website, and I'm certain the locking ring is unlocked. Sounds like I need to contact the site store folks about a replacement! Thanks for the input.
Re: Difficulty adjusting composer posted by bgtip April 12, 2009 06:47AM reply | quote
posted by bgtip
Don't bother to ask, they won't answer.
Those people care for profit only.
I'm really sorry that I paid 270 for a cheap peace of crap.
Re: Difficulty adjusting composer posted by WoodSong April 20, 2009 01:57PM reply | quote
posted by WoodSong

I've had nothing but good experiences in the past via lensbabies' customer service. When I purchased my first model, the aperature rings weren't included(by mistake). One phone call and they arrived at my door within a weeks time. I've never heard the popping sounds you describe, so would give them a jingle.
Re: Difficulty adjusting composer posted by sminenow May 01, 2009 07:19PM reply | quote
posted by sminenow

i also have had good service from lensbabies.com - once, i bought a new 2.0 from an ebay seller and it came with no aperture discs. the ebay seller sent me the missing set but the f4 aperture was not included (and was not already in the lens) so kirsten sent me a new f4 disc plus a couple of creative shapes thrown in - at no charge! you can't beat that.

"i reject your reality, and substitute my own!"
Re: Difficulty adjusting composer posted by dewberry1964 May 01, 2009 09:49PM reply | quote
posted by dewberry1964

I have NEVER had any problems getting through on the phone, and i have had by FAR the best customer service from Lensbaby ever. I have no idea where the "ignores" comment is coming from
Re: Difficulty adjusting composer posted by Joseph Flores July 03, 2009 06:23AM reply | quote
posted by Joseph Flores
bgtip is way off here, I have had the best customer service from Lensbaby! I too have talked with Kirsten (is she the only one who is customer service?). I phone ordered my Composer and she was very helpful and promised I would get my lens in 2 days, and I did! I have no idea what is wrong with bgtip's purchase, but I would venture a guess and say whatever problem he has is operator error (meaning it is all his/her fault!).

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today