Latest Post

3 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Perth Royal Show

view post

Flora

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Flora posted by myksmith February 12, 2009 02:56PM reply | quote
posted by myksmith

Can anyone come up with a few ways they may have approached these shots differently? I'd love to hear some things I should think about while taking these types of shots, or how others may have taken or developed them differently.

Thanks!

(Tech details: the first 6 were double glass, pretty wide apertures, misc locations. Shot 7 was single glass, macro, creative ap, in the desert garden in Balboa Park, San Diego. Shots 8-10 were on Shelter Island, San Diego. Shots 8+10 were both plastic, about F/4. Shot 9 was double glass with creative ap.)

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 02/12/2009 03:00PM by myksmith.
Re: Flora posted by BearWoodsDavid February 12, 2009 11:22PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Michael,
It is a nicely done series. I think the strongest images in the series are the ones with the great light. Number 8 is really nice. The harbor takes on a wonderful feel. I think the idea in the first ones are nice captures but I think they lack the feel of warmth of the great light. I like to do bugs first thing in the morning when they aren't moving much. I hope this helps a little.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Flora posted by myksmith February 14, 2009 03:56AM reply | quote
posted by myksmith

Thanks, David - those definitely help me think in new ways. Light is vital - you're right, that would help set the tone on those photos more. And I hadn't thought about when bugs would move less.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today