Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

13 hours ago by rusteer

rims

view post

First kick at the can with Lensbaby Composer

Newer Topic | Older Topic

First kick at the can with Lensbaby Composer posted by Koopy February 10, 2009 11:41AM reply | quote
posted by Koopy

I took the jump last week and bought the Composer along with the macro kit, wide-angle and telephoto attachments and optical set. It's almost overkill so I've been trying to stay basic at the beginning, taking "baby steps". All double-glass, mainly f/4 with the wide-angle used almost half the time. I'm an A-type personality so letting go of tack sharp shots with perfect exposure has been liberating! Thanks to a lot of you for some of your samples as inspiration.
Re: First kick at the can with Lensbaby Composer posted by RichB February 10, 2009 12:32PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Looks like you are enjoying experimenting with your new Composer. I especially like the fence image.

Rich
Re: First kick at the can with Lensbaby Composer posted by jad February 10, 2009 09:14PM reply | quote
posted by jad

You are going to love it. I love #7 and #13. Great treatment too.

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: First kick at the can with Lensbaby Composer posted by BearWoodsDavid February 10, 2009 09:36PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Welcome Steve,
I think you are off to a nice start of getting over your obsession with tack sharp (edge to edge anyway) images. You will have a blast.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: First kick at the can with Lensbaby Composer posted by Koopy February 11, 2009 03:04AM reply | quote
posted by Koopy

Thanks for the encouragement everyone. This appears to be an enjoyable, easy-going forum. I look forward to submitting further work for critique, viewing some of your spectacular art, and getting to know you all better.

Cheers!
Re: First kick at the can with Lensbaby Composer posted by kmac February 11, 2009 11:08AM reply | quote
posted by kmac

Nice job with first set of images - love the seventh image - bikes, also. Welcome.
Re: First kick at the can with Lensbaby Composer posted by myksmith February 11, 2009 01:41PM reply | quote
posted by myksmith

Excellent composition all around. I love the subjects and the way you're exploiting the images in post-processing, particularly the bike and your play with saturation. I'm with you on the A-type, and you hit it on the head: the lensbaby changes the rules and makes it liberating!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today