Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 hour ago by CatGargoyle

Polygonum hydropiperoides

view post

Lensbaby at the beach...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Lensbaby at the beach... posted by sarahashleyphotos February 08, 2009 12:43PM reply | quote
posted by sarahashleyphotos

I took some shots at the beach today during a photo shoot what do you think?
Re: Lensbaby at the beach... posted by sarahashleyphotos February 09, 2009 04:38AM reply | quote

So my professor looked at my colorful photos and he like these...
Re: Lensbaby at the beach... posted by RichB February 09, 2009 05:21AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Sarah,

Good to read that your prof likes some of your colorful glass images! The portrait is also nice. I might have tried to make the sweet spot a bit more in focus on the face, but this is just my thought, for whatever it is worth. You need to do what YOU want your image to convey.

Rich
Re: Lensbaby at the beach... posted by sarahashleyphotos February 09, 2009 06:09AM reply | quote

I'm just trying to get the hang of using the thing. Its so hard to focus with.

I feel like this is the only place I can put my lensbaby photos. People on other sites dont seem to like them or they dont understand it. & Its odd I have been getting a lot of "that flare is distracting" or "I dont like the flare". By flare I assume they mean the bokeh. Someone told me they dont like the word bokeh and that it should be called flair but i'm pretty sure the out of focus circles are called bokeh. It just confuses me a little.

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 02/09/2009 08:41AM by sarahashleyphotos.
Re: Lensbaby at the beach... posted by BearWoodsDavid February 09, 2009 01:01PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

I like the images. People on other websites just aren't cool I guess. We need to have a catch phrase...
"Get with the trend, start to bend". Maybe....
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Lensbaby at the beach... posted by ranfoto February 09, 2009 04:32PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

"Get with the trend, start to bend" .....David I didn't know you were wordsmith.......hee '

Sarah : Yeah you should just post here, until those other folks figure out that you're stretching the boundries of your aRt .

We are into impressions, reflections, and images that have more "FLAIR" .....:))
Re: Lensbaby at the beach... posted by myksmith February 14, 2009 04:01AM reply | quote
posted by myksmith

Is it just me, or does photo #1 have that "didn't focus in the sweet spot" swirl? I sometimes love, sometimes hate that effect - I love it when I'm trying to do it, and hate it when I don't!

Has anyone else noticed this effect and attempted to control it?

Here's one from my gallery that I think most clearly demonstrates what I mean: [www.lensbaby.com] .

I was going for movement, yeah, but THAT much was a happy accident!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today