Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

4 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Perth Royal Show

view post

Enka Ede, The Neterlands. Composer with Plastic Optics and WideAngle

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Enka Ede, The Neterlands. Composer with Plastic Optics and WideAngle posted by ChrisG January 13, 2009 10:37PM reply | quote
posted by ChrisG

Today I took a picture of a old factory I worked 15 years ago. It is my first attempt with the Plastic Optics. I think this is a difficult lens and I need a lot of practice with it.

Camera 1Dmk3
Plastic Optics

Photo 1 and 2
Aperture disk f/4

Photo 3
Aperture disk f/5.6

Chris

[www.digirelax.nl]

"The Mind is like a Parachute, it works best when it is open" - Rickson Gracie

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 01/14/2009 02:16AM by ChrisG.
Re: Enka Ede, The Neterlands. Composer with Plastic Optics and WideAngle posted by igorsv January 13, 2009 10:57PM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

I think of this image is a successful one. Dramatic contrast balanced by the softness of the lens.

With your camera, where there is a large viewfinder, you should not have a problem with this lens to focus. I have a similar camera, a later generation though, and did not find any problem to use the plastic.

Regards,
Igor
Re: Enka Ede, The Neterlands. Composer with Plastic Optics and WideAngle posted by ChrisG January 13, 2009 11:02PM reply | quote
posted by ChrisG

I updated the info. I use a 1Dmk3.

focussing is no issue. I always can use LiveView but I adjusted my viewfinder. I want to use this lens also for portraits. But first I need to practice. I just have the lens a few days.

Chris

[www.digirelax.nl]

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/13/2009 11:08PM by ChrisG.
Re: Enka Ede, The Neterlands. Composer with Plastic Optics and WideAngle posted by RichB January 13, 2009 11:10PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Chris,

This is a very nicely done image of the factory where you worked -- good first attempts with the plastic lens.

Rich
Re: Enka Ede, The Neterlands. Composer with Plastic Optics and WideAngle posted by ChrisG January 14, 2009 02:07AM reply | quote
posted by ChrisG

add two additional images.

Chris

[www.digirelax.nl]

Re: Enka Ede, The Neterlands. Composer with Plastic Optics and WideAngle posted by shurla5 January 14, 2009 07:10AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

These are very dramatic, great job.
Re: Enka Ede, The Neterlands. Composer with Plastic Optics and WideAngle posted by ranfoto January 14, 2009 03:24PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Has a postcard flavor but the view seems sad like the old factory has seen better days......the capture before the fall !
Re: Enka Ede, The Neterlands. Composer with Plastic Optics and WideAngle posted by kmac January 14, 2009 10:05PM reply | quote
posted by kmac

I like the first image especially - dramatic - the plastic lens adds a special moodiness to the image.
Re: Enka Ede, The Neterlands. Composer with Plastic Optics and WideAngle posted by babuci January 15, 2009 03:53PM reply | quote
posted by babuci
You on the right track, lovely choice to convert it to sepia.

Tunde
Re: Enka Ede, The Neterlands. Composer with Plastic Optics and WideAngle posted by Natek January 15, 2009 03:59PM reply | quote
posted by Natek
I really like how that turned out. I was thinking about picking up the plastic lense and it helps a lot seeing what it looks like when it is actually being used. Great shot!
Re: Enka Ede, The Neterlands. Composer with Plastic Optics and WideAngle posted by hashmap January 22, 2009 04:14PM reply | quote
posted by hashmap
I like first one. Perhaps, composition is too simple, anyway I can feel this place, thanks

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today