Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 day ago by ebby62

Re: Paris 2014

view post

Trying to move beyond taking "snapshots"

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Trying to move beyond taking "snapshots" posted by MarcInBend January 08, 2009 11:38AM reply | quote
posted by MarcInBend

Hi,

I've had my Muse for about 2 weeks now. I am trying to move beyond just taking "snapshots". Any comments, suggestions, or constructive criticism would be appreciated.

Taken with a Canon Rebel, Muse, Double Glass, F4.

Tanks for looking

-Marc
Re: Trying to move beyond taking "snapshots" posted by BearWoodsDavid January 08, 2009 08:50PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Hi Marc,
Welcome, you will love your Lensbaby. I was very lucky when I started out, I got to travel and work with some of the modern masters of nature photography. They taught me early the easiest way to go to the next step in photographing. They said each time you go out to photograph create an image don't take a picture. An image sounds better so you put more time and effort into creating a great image vs. taking a picture. Slow down, compose, step back ask yourself what you are photographing and look through the viewfinder. When you look back into the viewfinder that is what you should see. When you finally release the shutter, you have created an image that is more than just a picture, it has a story to it. I hope this helps. But still just go out and take pictures too, it can be fun!
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Trying to move beyond taking "snapshots" posted by jad January 08, 2009 09:58PM reply | quote
posted by jad

Practice practice practice. Try looking at the details and shooting something someone else might not see. I agree with David, create your image and compose. When you get images you like it will motivate you to take more more more!

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: Trying to move beyond taking "snapshots" posted by ranfoto January 09, 2009 06:13AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Marc:

We all have a different story to tell, your's is unique .

So if you can reflect your feelings through your images then you'll be beyond the snapshot .

If you want to make aRt, then you'll have to focus on making your images grab the viewer, no small task in our visual environment .

But very worthy of the effort .

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/09/2009 06:15AM by ranfoto.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today