7 hours ago by TG-J

Re: Perth Royal Show

view post

Just bokeh

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Just bokeh posted by babuci January 07, 2009 05:10PM reply | quote
posted by babuci
Hello everybody!

Recently I got to the "habit" to throw a focus out all together and concentrate on a bokeh effect. I do use a creative app kit to have different mood of course.

I know the whole idea is about taking photos is to have fun and be comfortable what I am shooting but is this okay to capture just a bokeh effect? Hardly any picture I see what shows this kind of method (except that few christmas capture I spotted in a gallery). Honestly should I drop a whole thing and shoot "normal" LB shots?

Seriousely what you think about it? Thank for the time and advise...seeyus Tunde
Re: Just bokeh posted by BearWoodsDavid January 07, 2009 08:33PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

I think they are very neat abstracts. I am especially drawn to #3. The lines of light are wonderful.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Just bokeh posted by RichB January 07, 2009 09:02PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Tunde,

You are right -- one should do what one really enjoys when working with the Lensbaby. I am with David on his observations. All three are nice abstracts, and #3 is particularly striking.

Rich
Re: Just bokeh posted by ranfoto January 09, 2009 05:51AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Abnormal is more the norm when Bending, leave the normal stuff for OEM data captures, Bending is for when no rules are the rule or create your own rules as you have so nicely done with these creations.

Bending the bokeh is hot !
Re: Just bokeh posted by babuci January 09, 2009 07:04AM reply | quote
posted by babuci
Thank you Ran for the link, some amazingly interesting picture there. Lots of googling to do to uderstanding totaly what you guys using over there but I will figur it out. I allready see my bank account going down...lol.

thank you Tunde
Re: Just bokeh posted by shurla5 January 09, 2009 07:06AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

I like #3 as well, very unusual.
Re: Just bokeh posted by jad January 09, 2009 09:21AM reply | quote
posted by jad

I with #3 too. Great images and focusing on the un-focus works great here. I look forward to seeing more of your work.

enjoye!

joye

[www.artistwithcamera.com]
[artistwithcamera.blogspot.com]
Re: Just bokeh posted by skoppy January 09, 2009 11:32AM reply | quote
posted by skoppy
Love the third shot.
Re: Just bokeh posted by Mary January 10, 2009 10:05PM reply | quote
posted by Mary
I join the ranks as a fan of #3 as well, it shines with energy. Yes, in my opinion just Bokeh is fine.

Mary
Re: Just bokeh posted by Ol' Don January 15, 2009 08:34AM reply | quote
posted by Ol' Don

Well I like all three.

the more I look the more I like #2!

I find that the older I get, the less I care about details or incredible sharpness and the more I care about mood and atmosphere and feelings. Your experiments with out of focus and bokeh are just fine with me.

Ol' Don

Life is expensive, but includes a free trip
around the sun!

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today