Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

21 hours ago by strelar

Re: Composer Pro + Edge 80

view post

My First Single Glass Optic Shots

Newer Topic | Older Topic

My First Single Glass Optic Shots posted by PeggySue67 January 04, 2009 09:16AM reply | quote
posted by PeggySue67

First time trying out the Single Glass Optic.

Canon 40D
Single Glass Optic
Lensbaby Composer
ISO 1600

*peggy.sue*

“I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments.” ~Jim Morrison
Re: My First Single Glass Optic Shots posted by BearWoodsDavid January 04, 2009 09:19AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

I especially like the first one with the muted colors Peggy Sue.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: My First Single Glass Optic Shots posted by PeggySue67 January 04, 2009 09:28AM reply | quote
posted by PeggySue67

thanks David .. your view means a lot

*peggy.sue*

“I think of myself as an intelligent, sensitive human being with the soul of a clown which always forces me to blow it at the most important moments.” ~Jim Morrison
Re: My First Single Glass Optic Shots posted by RichB January 04, 2009 10:24AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Peggy Sue,

I like the first and the last the most from this series. I think your avitar (the last) is especially nice. Oh yes -- welcome to the forum!

Rich
Re: My First Single Glass Optic Shots posted by jWebb January 05, 2009 12:30AM reply | quote
posted by jWebb

Peggy Sue,
This is a well done series. My favorite is #3, with its almost expressionist display of color and presentation.
Jack
Re: My First Single Glass Optic Shots posted by GunnerJack07 January 05, 2009 01:30PM reply | quote
posted by GunnerJack07

I think that it would make shot 5 more interesting if a creative apperture were used (not that it's a horrible shot by any means). It's nice to see how others use specific lenses, which gives me more direction on which compositions are more lens appropriete. Otherwise, they are all very nice. But if a gun were being held to my head, I must jump on the band wagon and say that shots 1 and 5 are the best. The colors of the main subject are normally bold against normal settings, but the LB makes it all subtle and serene, like a foggy dream. Nice job.
Re: My First Single Glass Optic Shots posted by PeggySue67 January 06, 2009 03:04AM reply | quote
posted by PeggySue67

Thank you so much everyone. I truly appreciate the time and thought all of you put into helping critique my newbies.

I do not have the creative aperture set .. but for 10 bux .. I think I'm going to go for it.

Thanks again :)

*peggy.sue*

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 01/06/2009 03:05AM by PeggySue67.
Re: My First Single Glass Optic Shots posted by trulyshy January 06, 2009 03:42AM reply | quote
posted by trulyshy
I'm new, so I can not give too much critic but I can say I think these photo's are beautiful!!

Beautiful work!!

Christine
Re: My First Single Glass Optic Shots posted by shurla5 January 06, 2009 07:56AM reply | quote
posted by shurla5

Very pretty peggy.sue, my favorite is the one you picked as your avatar.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today