Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

5 hours ago by PBlais

Re: Experimenting with flowers

view post

Mount Rainier through the viewfinder of an European

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Mount Rainier through the viewfinder of an European posted by mgomespt October 27, 2008 02:44PM reply | quote
posted by mgomespt

Mount Rainier fascinates me...Its distant peak stands out far, far away. I imagine the same kind of distances in Portugal, if I could see a mountain in Algarve this clearly from Lisbon...people would tell me that would be impossible.

Here's my homage to the American "Mont Blanc"

Miguel Gomes
Re: Mount Rainier through the viewfinder of an European posted by mgomespt October 27, 2008 03:12PM reply | quote
posted by mgomespt

As for contextualization, Miguel wandering around
Re: Mount Rainier through the viewfinder of an European posted by BearWoodsDavid October 27, 2008 09:27PM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Very nice series Miguel. I love the reds of the berry plants for contrast
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Mount Rainier through the viewfinder of an European posted by mgomespt October 28, 2008 01:54AM reply | quote
posted by mgomespt

Thank you David, I thought so too :)

I'm trying to step up in my hobbie photography...make the pictures tell a story...one that it's diverse enough to keep the viewer's attention sharp...that's what I hope to have acomplished with these series.

The color/composition/feel were based on a toy I had as a kid, the View-Master (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/View-Master).

On it, a circular paper disc containing a few transparencies would show frozen moments in time...all looking at the same time distant and warm/fuzzy as I had to point the device at a nearby window (the natural light in Lisbon is quite warm all year round).
Re: Mount Rainier through the viewfinder of an European posted by RichB October 28, 2008 04:06AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Miguel,

I like this series on Mt. Rainier. Thanks for sharing these with the forum.

Rich

PS I,too, remember the viewmaster as a youngster. In fact I think they even had 3D versions (stereo).

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/28/2008 04:08AM by RichB.
Re: Mount Rainier through the viewfinder of an European posted by mgomespt October 29, 2008 04:31AM reply | quote
posted by mgomespt

Anything bad? c'mon...the pictures are not that...good (heheheh).

I would like to hear constructive negative comments on this work...where can I improve?

Miguel

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today