Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

2 days ago by jffoto

Re: On the other side

view post

1st Successful LB Pic (I Think, Hope)

Newer Topic | Older Topic

1st Successful LB Pic (I Think, Hope) posted by Gear_Jammer_Hank October 24, 2008 10:23PM reply | quote
posted by Gear_Jammer_Hank

Hello All,
I am new to this world of art and I'm glad I found people who can critique my photo's so I know my weak and strong areas. Please remember the truth will only hurt me once. Thank you ahead of time for being honest and up front. This picture is the first one I took that seems to be something worth looking at. I am sure many more are to come however I believe criticism is a wonderful tool. Anyway thanks for having me and I hope to make many friends.

The Title: Wonder What He's Dreaming...

I would rather be Hated for something I am then Loved for something I'm not.
Re: 1st Successful LB Pic (I Think, Hope) posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 25, 2008 01:28AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

Hey Hank, I also think your first LB photo is a success. Neat perspective and the eye area is in focus. Interesting title. Well done - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: 1st Successful LB Pic (I Think, Hope) posted by RichB October 25, 2008 02:16AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Hank,

Welcome to the forum! Your shot and the angle is SO right on! Wish I had a dollar for every time I saw one of our miniature schnauzer's sleeping with that pose. Looking forward to seeing more of your work.

Rich
Re: 1st Successful LB Pic (I Think, Hope) posted by Keln October 25, 2008 02:28AM reply | quote
posted by Keln
Hank,

I'm new as well, but for what it's worth I think that the dark collar makes the shot. The dark band keep the nose from being the only point of contrast in the image, it feels like it balances the image. At the same time if it were also in focus it would pull your eye away from the nose. Well done.

-Ben
Re: 1st Successful LB Pic (I Think, Hope) posted by BearWoodsDavid October 25, 2008 07:35AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Hi Hank,
Welcome and a cute pup. I can't wait to see some more.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: 1st Successful LB Pic (I Think, Hope) posted by Gear_Jammer_Hank October 25, 2008 10:13PM reply | quote
posted by Gear_Jammer_Hank

Thank you all,
I am sure it will be a pleasure around here.

-Hank
Re: 1st Successful LB Pic (I Think, Hope) posted by ranfoto October 26, 2008 04:26AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

From seeing this as an avatar, I didn't truly see what is was until I opened the image large .....a sleepy Yoda !

Pup Bent !
Re: 1st Successful LB Pic (I Think, Hope) posted by Fugazi October 27, 2008 02:05AM reply | quote
posted by Fugazi

Welcome !
Needed also a second look ... nice ...

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today