Latest Post

16 hours ago by RichB

Re: Blue Bells and Butter Cups

view post

Bees

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Bees posted by Keln October 23, 2008 01:30AM reply | quote
posted by Keln
The day after I got my macro kit I stacked the 4+ and the 10+ on my LB2.0 and headed out to see if I could get stung by shoving my camera into some flowering bushes. No stings, but a few neat pictures.

Does chromatic aberration increase using the macros?

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/25/2008 02:14AM by Keln.
Re: Bees posted by BearWoodsDavid October 24, 2008 08:52AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Great detail in the images.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Bees posted by WilliamE October 24, 2008 09:16AM reply | quote
posted by WilliamE

#1 is spot on, nice composition. Patience is key when shooting critters. You find yourself say "ok buddy just turn a little this way...."
Re: Bees posted by Craig (Admin) October 24, 2008 12:47PM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Hi Keln,

Yes, chromatic aberration increases slightly using the macro lenses with the double glass (2.0/3g) optic. Should not affect the single (Original) or plastic optics as they start with significant chromatic aberration.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Bees posted by Keln October 25, 2008 02:03AM reply | quote
posted by Keln
Thanks for your responses. As a premed student who just stumbled upon photography this past spring I really love having a forum to get some feedback on the pictures I've been taking. There is something fantastic about a community that brings together pros and a newbie like me. There is so much to learn from you folks.

David, I really enjoyed your macro shots of the dandelion fluff and the water droplet on grass.

William, looking at your shot of the white chair I felt an urge to start playing with still-lifes. I don't have any photo lighting equipment, any suggestions?

Craig, your lens has opened a whole new world to me. The best study break is always stepping away from my text books and exploring the details around me.

Thanks for taking the time to look at my images.
Re: Bees posted by RichB October 25, 2008 02:12AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Ben,

Nice macro images. Glad you didn't get stung.

Rich

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today