1 day ago by ebby62

Re: Paris 2014

view post

Model from Photokina

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Model from Photokina posted by sam October 15, 2008 09:24AM reply | quote
posted by sam

Hi there,

This is almost straight out of the camera. I did a little sharpening and a little increase in contrast, but nothing more.

The Composer is proving to be extremely capable. I had a high yield from this shoot with all photos at f/2.8.

My thanks to Sigma for providing the model:)

Please let me know your thoughts.

Sam

see with the eyes of a child

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/15/2008 09:53AM by sam.
Re: Model from Photokina posted by RichB October 15, 2008 11:06AM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Sam,

Love this shot. Can't wait till the Composer and optics I ordered ships!

Rich
Re: Model from Photokina posted by ranfoto October 15, 2008 05:42PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Sam .....I feel you need to darken the bottom area because although this is a Bendy rendition, in a nice portrait this blur doesn't seem right to my senses .

I also feel you can stop down the Composer or any LB Bendy lens and still have wonderful images......think subtle aberrations .....not all Bending has to be blurred to be successful .

Just my feeling, I'm sure many will feel this is a terrific capture as posted !

Glad to see you are really Bending some images and posting again ......good deal !
Re: Model from Photokina posted by Keithnc October 15, 2008 10:10PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

I like the shot and you got the eye nice and sharp. I kinda of agree with ranfoto, my eye keeps getting pulled down. I think it is her hand blurred on her hip.
Re: Model from Photokina posted by sam October 16, 2008 03:46AM reply | quote
posted by sam

Hi there,

Thank you for the feedback. I think stopping down to f/4 or /5.6 would have been a good move. I was not really planning this shot, but stumbled upon the opportunity as I was walking over to check out the Olympus Micro 4/3 camera. A Lensbaby on that camera sounds fun!

But during the shoot I was thrilled with my ability to get tack sharp sweet spots even at a bright aperture moved well out of center.

Sam

see with the eyes of a child
Re: Model from Photokina posted by jumpinjimmyjava December 01, 2008 01:36AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

WOW Sam, you are the story teller. Your gallery is awesome. Your images have such great colour and energy. - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today