Dahlia Image 53

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Dahlia Image 53 posted by maxinesfineart October 07, 2008 04:28AM reply | quote
posted by maxinesfineart
Canon Rebel XT
Lensbaby 3G
ISO 100
AV Mode (Aperature Value)

This photo was taken mid afternoon. Since I am new in using my Lenbaby 3g, I am open to suggestions. As for the aperature, I used the Lensbaby as it arrived in the box.
Re: Dahlia Image 53 posted by TripleYYY October 08, 2008 04:03AM reply | quote
posted by TripleYYY
Pretty dahlia. I think I would have had the focus on either the larger bud with more colour or the center of the flower. Could you have moved in a little closer to the flower to avoid back ground distractions?

I believe the Aperature ring that comes in the LB 3G is F-4.

Keep practicing, the LB takes a while to get used to using.

Y
Re: Dahlia Image 53 posted by maxinesfineart October 17, 2008 11:54PM reply | quote
posted by maxinesfineart
Thank you Y for your input. I was in a cluster of dahlias and it was very difficult to photograph one individual dahlia without the others showing. I will remember your advice the next time I am using my lens baby. The tools were there. Practice, Practice and more Practice. Thanks for your feedback. maxine
Re: Dahlia Image 53 posted by rannestad October 21, 2008 01:49AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Agree with TripleYYY regarding composition and focus. One aspect which is really cool with the LB is the curved focus field. It's not just about getting the sweet spot sharp. You can actually get depth into the focus too. Don't know how to explain now, you will find out...

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today