Latest Post

20 minutes ago by Chelle

Perth Royal Show

view post

CARS

Newer Topic | Older Topic

CARS posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 05, 2008 07:56AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

I happened upon this old junker today and cold not resist taking a few pics!

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: CARS posted by igorsv October 05, 2008 10:05AM reply | quote
posted by igorsv

The faux vintage treatment is suitable for the subject. Not sure about the tilt - it is modernism for me.

Igor.
Re: CARS posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 06, 2008 01:17AM reply | quote

Hey igor, thanks for the comments, I agree about the tilt but it is one of only 2 pics that attained a good focus!

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: CARS posted by crfrey71 October 06, 2008 01:20AM reply | quote
posted by crfrey71

I have been testing many old cars and trucks with the lensbaby and I haven't really gotten the look I have wanted, primarily, because I use the LBO and I like to use the lensbaby wide open mostly, which with the LBO, the dreamy glow, doesn't work right for me with clunkers. It's nice to see someone else try this.

Now, I am not sure about the tilt. It is tilted with no purpose involved. I do like the treatment though.

I can't wait to get my composer with the optics kit. I think when I get that, I might get the look I am after with the pin-hole or double glass optic.

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 10/06/2008 01:22AM by crfrey71.
Re: CARS posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 06, 2008 06:24AM reply | quote

Hi Charles, thanks for your nice reply and suggestions. I think the tilt may be a bit to much myself but it was only one of a few that actually were in somewhat focus! I used the LB 2.0 for these shots. I was thinking of covering my 2.0 glass with Suran wrap (plastic film) to see if I could achieve a LB Original lens look. Well thanks again - jimmy

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today