Composer Pro Double Glass

view post

Falcon Ridge

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Falcon Ridge posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 01, 2008 03:27AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

If you like this pic which version do you like best? - jimmy

Lensbaby 2.0, no aperature installed

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2008 03:29AM by jumpinjimmyjava.
Re: Falcon Ridge posted by Craig (Admin) October 01, 2008 10:40AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Hi Jimmy,

I like the first best though the treatment on the border and contrast/color is a bit heavy for me.

Knowing (or assuming) that the bird was created with a brush I would say that it is a bit too sharp for its position away from the sweet spot. A non-LB using viewer would probably not catch this.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Falcon Ridge posted by Keithnc October 01, 2008 09:35PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

At first from the thumbnails #2 caught my eye. But, when I opened them up it was a little to dark on the left and lost some of the detail that shows in the other two.

I will have to go with door #3.

I agree about the border, not sure if it would be better without it.

Just my thoughts!
Re: Falcon Ridge posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 02, 2008 08:40AM reply | quote

Hi Craig and Keith, thank you for your replies. My favorite is No. 3. Don't ask me why! Craig I did try a much more blurred falcon but it didn't work for me. I just create for a mood or emotion in my works. Keith,I cannot make up my mind about the border! I kind of like this capture either way. Thank you both for your thoughts and time - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: Falcon Ridge posted by pro bono October 02, 2008 08:51PM reply | quote
posted by pro bono

#2 Jimmy ... no contest. Of course, I don't mind about that loss of detail. In fact I prefer it. I never saw a photograph that couldn't be improved by being less explicit.

This is really a great image, bordering on the epic (even though I know you faked the bird). So stop screwing with it & just make #2 the definitive version.
Re: Falcon Ridge posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 03, 2008 08:02AM reply | quote

Hey pro bono, thank you for your nice comments.
"I never saw a photograph that couldn't be improved by being less explicit." I agree, sometimes less is more! It has only been "assumed " that the soaring Falcon isn't real! !! ? ?? It shall remain a secret! Take care all - jimmy

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today