Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

28 minutes ago by stinamarie27

Playing in the rain

view post

Need feedback on work. New to LB

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Need feedback on work. New to LB posted by babieslovers September 30, 2008 10:22PM reply | quote
posted by babieslovers
My second pic. how does this work?
Re: Need feedback on work. New to LB posted by RichB September 30, 2008 11:10PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Alexander,

I really like the well-captured water droplets on the main subject flower. The stems of the other flowers tend to draw my attention away from the main flower. I would love to see that main flower all by itself. The use of B&W here seems very nice. All of this is just my perception for whatever it may be worth. Have a nice day!

Rich
Re: Need feedback on work. New to LB posted by babieslovers September 30, 2008 11:25PM reply | quote
posted by babieslovers
thx for feedback. but is the focus somehere ok? I have not like to shoot flowers before LB, but LB is like starting with photo all over. You have to think so much more. If you will see the one flower, i have to grab the otehers up by the rooth. will try to play around more, and thx again for helping me foward.
Re: Need feedback on work. New to LB posted by sam October 01, 2008 08:28AM reply | quote
posted by sam

Hmmmm, when I looked at the photo I enjoyed the way the focus was on the one open flower, which told a story when I considered all the buds about to open. There is this nice contrast of in focus / open vs. out of focus / closed. For me, this is an effective use of selective focus.

see with the eyes of a child
Re: Need feedback on work. New to LB posted by BearWoodsDavid October 01, 2008 10:07AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Alexander this is a lovely image, the focus and the processing work very well.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Need feedback on work. New to LB posted by babieslovers October 01, 2008 07:31PM reply | quote
posted by babieslovers
thx alot. its not easy to belive, but i have taken more than 1000 pic with LB, and have maybe 40-50 that is ok.
Re: Need feedback on work. New to LB posted by jbrunjes October 02, 2008 05:22AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

I think that is normal to begin with... your skill will improve that average. The new composer should really help too! I look forward to more accurate lb photography of things in motion with the composer!
Joby

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today