Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

21 minutes ago by PBlais

Sweet 50 with marco rings

view post

a lensbaby wedding photo

Newer Topic | Older Topic

a lensbaby wedding photo posted by ngregoire September 30, 2008 12:24PM reply | quote
posted by ngregoire

just picked up a 3G and am thrilled with the results to date - had a chance to bring it to my sister's wedding. what do you think?

www.nathangregoire.com
Re: a lensbaby wedding photo posted by savdem September 30, 2008 01:40PM reply | quote
posted by savdem

I believe that it would have been better to frame this scene in vertical, because the spouses (who are the main subject) are sluices in an angle of the scene. Or resize the photogram in 4-3 or 1-1(square) proportions, so as shown in example.
Re: a lensbaby wedding photo posted by Keithnc September 30, 2008 09:50PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

I agree, a little to much space to the left. It kinda pulls me away from the main subject.
Re: a lensbaby wedding photo posted by ngregoire September 30, 2008 10:34PM reply | quote
posted by ngregoire

Great comments... I think they are reinforced by these other two photos taken in the same session.

www.nathangregoire.com
Re: a lensbaby wedding photo posted by RichB September 30, 2008 11:05PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Nathan,

I really like your last two posts the best. I find I am drawn to the couple much more in these. Thanks for sharing.

Rich
Re: a lensbaby wedding photo posted by pro bono October 02, 2008 09:10PM reply | quote
posted by pro bono

Nathan,

I like the first one best, precisely because it breaks the rules and makes some strenuous demands on the viewer. The happy couple, however, would surely prefer Saverio's crops and your other two shots ... it's their wedding and so they should surely expect to be the most interesting things on view.

I would not advise you to be influenced by my opinion in this matter though; I offer it only so that you know there are a few of us out there who stumble about to the beat of a different drum.
Re: a lensbaby wedding photo posted by Keithnc October 02, 2008 10:36PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

I do like your other two pixs a lot better. My eye focuses on them more.

Good job.
Re: a lensbaby wedding photo posted by hashmap October 06, 2008 03:29PM reply | quote
posted by hashmap
First one is very good. Perhaps, it would be better to slightly move focus point to the right, anyway good composition and interesting structure of image
Re: a lensbaby wedding photo posted by Ken SF November 17, 2008 02:34PM reply | quote
posted by Ken SF

I really like the first version, the empty space on the left gives a really nice tension. Plus, it would make a great title slide for a slide show because you could put the text in the empty space.

A few thoughts on possible PS tweaks.

The couple in the background is an unfortunate distraction. I would try to clone them out.

The bouquet is the brightest part of the picture so it draws the eye from the bride (and isn't it all about the bride?). I might burn the bouquet down a little and dodge the faces of the bride and groom.

But I do think its a great shot.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today