Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

15 hours ago by ebby62

Tiny Red Beetle

view post

The power of religions

Newer Topic | Older Topic

The power of religions posted by savdem September 28, 2008 01:52AM reply | quote
posted by savdem

Made with Fuji S5 Pro + Lensbaby 3G

Edited 2 time(s). Last edit at 09/28/2008 04:03AM by savdem.
Re: The power of religions posted by sam September 29, 2008 06:28AM reply | quote
posted by sam

To my eye, the most effective of these is the fourth, where the sweet spot reinforces the composition. In the first three my eye is taken to the in-focus part of the photo, but I'm not sure why. The third photo could have been stronger if the sweet spot was placed on the bouquet of flowers. Radial compositions often work very well in Lensbaby photos. Or, perhaps that shot could have been reframed on the painting on the back right, but as it is, I am not engaged.

That's just my opinion. Everyone's aesthetic differs.

Sam

see with the eyes of a child
Re: The power of religions posted by savdem September 29, 2008 07:43PM reply | quote
posted by savdem

Thanks for your comment. I believe that the partial focus objectives (as Lens baby does) not have to serve to make special effects, but to center some elements of the photogram that have a special meaning. In these photograms the center is "the power of the religions", that is the architecture, the pictures of the saints, the candlesticks and the marbles of the altars. Thank you again and I still hope of having your judgments.
P.S. excuse me for very bad english language:-)
Re: The power of religions posted by RichB September 29, 2008 10:10PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Saverio,

Your reply to Sam clarifies the title of your post so well: "The Power of Religions". Each photo focuses well on one of the "powers" that you reference in the above reply. Thanks for sharing these with us.

Rich
Re: The power of religions posted by Darrell Marquette October 01, 2008 12:10AM reply | quote
posted by Darrell Marquette

Saverio,

I like the third one just as you have composed it with the focus on the painting. The second one might be better if the focus was on the bouquet of flowers so that the chairs are blurred.

Darrell
Re: The power of religions posted by savdem October 01, 2008 01:00AM reply | quote
posted by savdem

Hi Darrell, Many thanks for your opinion. I believe that selective-focus objectives do not serve for effects but to indicate which is the center and the meaning of the image. in this image, the central element are not the flowers and the candlesticks, but the sacred picture on the background that represents one of the symbols of the power of the religions: portraits of the saints (or the divinity),sculptures, very big and high architecture, big chairs, high painted glass windows, and so on. That is why the flowers are in second order as focus. Excuse me for my bad (very bad) english.
Re: The power of religions posted by jumpinjimmyjava October 01, 2008 03:34AM reply | quote
posted by jumpinjimmyjava

Hi savdem, I personally think no.5 is the best. It has balance and the wonderful blur seems to flow. Well done - jimmy

If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion #quote The Dalai Lama
Re: The power of religions posted by jbrunjes October 03, 2008 01:01AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

I can see what Darrell is saying about #3. I think the flowers are distracting from your focal point because the interfere with the circle of sharp focus made by the lb.
Joby

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today