Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

6 hours ago by PBlais

Re: Wedding moments 2

view post

Chinatown Traffic

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Chinatown Traffic posted by Daifuku Sensei September 26, 2008 12:08PM reply | quote
posted by Daifuku Sensei
Hello all! I'm a long-time lurker, first-time poster. I run with a Lensbaby 3G and, after my initial disappointment of being unable to retrofit the new the optic system with the previous lineup of 'Babies, have been able to justify the purchase of a Muse. Mmmm, can't wait! I just wanted to extend my congrats to the Lensbaby team on a job well done thus far with all the terrific lenses they've put out. *Anxiously awaits the arrival of my Muse... time's-a-ticking* :)

Here is one of my first attempts with the 3G. I'm loving the work done by others on this forum!
Re: Chinatown Traffic posted by RichB September 26, 2008 01:16PM reply | quote
posted by RichB

Daifuku,

Beautifully saturated colors and great bokeh.

Rich
Re: Chinatown Traffic posted by Daifuku Sensei September 27, 2008 01:24AM reply | quote
posted by Daifuku Sensei
Thank you, Rich. The Lensbaby is a tough fella to master, but is certainly fun.
Re: Chinatown Traffic posted by sam October 01, 2008 11:03AM reply | quote
posted by sam

Hello Daifuku,

I find this to be a very engaging photo with a beautifully placed sweet spot. I enjoy the colors, bokeh, and story telling in this image.

Sam

PS - We are working hard to get those babies delivered!

see with the eyes of a child

Edited 1 time(s). Last edit at 10/01/2008 11:04AM by sam.
Re: Chinatown Traffic posted by Keithnc October 01, 2008 09:28PM reply | quote
posted by Keithnc

I like how you have the focus in the lower right on your subject (the yellow light). Then the rest being out of focus but just enough. Especially with the cabs brake lights.

Good job.
Re: Chinatown Traffic posted by pro bono October 02, 2008 08:59PM reply | quote
posted by pro bono

This strangely anthropomorphic light in the lower right makes the photograph. It seems to be watching, maybe counting, all the passing lights. Without that watcher, this is good but unexceptional. But with the watcher ... it's super-duper!
Re: Chinatown Traffic posted by Daifuku Sensei October 09, 2008 04:13AM reply | quote
posted by Daifuku Sensei
This is coming a little late, but... thank you all for the detailed comments. Very much appreciated.
Re: Chinatown Traffic posted by MattW October 09, 2008 04:42AM reply | quote
posted by MattW

Very nice. Love the colours and movement here - you've also done a great job with the sweet spot.

Matthew
Re: Chinatown Traffic posted by noelleong2000 October 10, 2008 12:12PM reply | quote
posted by noelleong2000

Nice colours and focus.

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today