Lauren Part 1 posted by noelleong2000 September 24, 2008 12:34AM reply | quote
posted by noelleong2000

Please comment!
Re: Lauren Part 1 posted by crfrey71 September 24, 2008 12:51AM reply | quote
posted by crfrey71

The sweet spot is dialed in precisely.
Re: Lauren Part 1 posted by ScottM September 24, 2008 03:57AM reply | quote
posted by ScottM

I think it is great, nice light, good composition and a pretty model. It all works well.
Scott
Re: Lauren Part 1 posted by sam September 24, 2008 06:04AM reply | quote
posted by sam

I think your use of selective focus is very effective here. I think this portrait is doing just what I think you want it to.

see with the eyes of a child
Re: Lauren Part 1 posted by BearWoodsDavid September 24, 2008 10:30AM reply | quote
posted by BearWoodsDavid

Wonderful image from start to finish.
David

David Akoubian
www.bearwoodsphotography.com

"Time is a wonderful healer, but a really bad beautician" - Unknown
Re: Lauren Part 1 posted by Sergej September 24, 2008 03:34PM reply | quote
posted by Sergej

I like the overall look of this image. The model's way of looking at the camera is, eehm, professional (in a good way). The red / black contrast is awesome. The hair looks alive.

On the 'negative' side; when I finally broke loose from her eyes, her arm / wrist seemed kind of awkward in that position. I even got up and tried to imitate the pose - the natural position for my hand on the wall was a lot higher - I am not very flexible though ;)

Another thing that caught my eye is that there is a tiny piece of her right hand sticking out in front of her - I'd clone that out.

Would love to see more of your work.

cheers,

Sergej
Re: Lauren Part 1 posted by ranfoto September 25, 2008 09:50AM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

If you're looking for perfection, then the hand position is indeed un-natural and distracting .

She may have taken this pose herself, but it is up to you to guide her and SEE the little things that may need changing to get the look perfect .

Remember sometimes...... good and almost perfect is not the same as great .......if you got the hand position perfect, then maybe the hair strands need some retouch and the background could also use with some highlight reduction on the right.

Do I like what you're doing and the capture of the personality.....you bet !

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today