Lensbaby Studio Forums

Latest Post

1 hour ago by oliver tudoras

Re: Fancy Dress

view post

first attempts with my 3g

Newer Topic | Older Topic

first attempts with my 3g posted by russtad September 23, 2008 07:39AM reply | quote
posted by russtad
A few first attempts, I am learning both macro and bending at the same time. The first is a wild grape vine being stangled by a bittersweet root - invasive species here in MI.

The second is a painted wood carving - yes I am learning that dust is very visible! you should see the low light pic where I actually discovered that the screen on a window can throw a shadow!

canon 350d - ap priority - f4 ring - 10+ mag

Any comments will help.

RT

"OOPS! said that out loud didn't I ?"

Me
Re: first attempts with my 3g posted by jbrunjes September 23, 2008 11:26AM reply | quote
posted by jbrunjes

Greetings and welcome to the LB community. As for advice... I consider myself still a novice at this (purchased my LB3G in Feb.) I would suggest you try to get the focusing down before you apply the macro attachment. I purchased both at the same time but I think my macro shots improved dramatically once I had the bending under control. The tiny depth of field can be really demoralizing.
Joby Brunjes
Re: first attempts with my 3g posted by ranfoto September 23, 2008 12:44PM reply | quote
posted by ranfoto

Success at Bending can mean different things to all of us .

We all have our ideas on what looks good and what doesn't work, so it's best to just start out doing the most simple captures until you find a style of Bending your impressions that suits you .

When you find subjects that interest you, try capturing that subject to show what it is that caught your attention in the first place .

Imaging is all about light, hard light, flat light, dramatic contrasts, directional light that produces shadows .....and much much more .

If one hasn't developed a sense of composition, then spend time studying other work, then try to figure out how to duplicate those works, soon you will understand if you're on the right track by the feedback you get from other Benders.

It's been pointed out here many times, that the most important thing to getting the hang of this aRtform is practice.....nothing else will get you up to looking good faster .

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today