Latest Post

6 hours ago by Fastback67

Re: New Guy Checking In

view post

Chopper Shots

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Chopper Shots posted by popquiz September 23, 2008 01:38AM reply | quote
posted by popquiz

Had the privelage of shooting a golf outing yesterday for the American Cancer Society, and one of the holes had these choppers for a prize of hole-in-one which no one won except the 3G. It made a big hit with these bike benders, and they have asked for more. Thanks Lensbaby!

...it's like nailing JELL-O to a tree!

Glen Copeland
aka: PopQuiz

Join Lensbaby Addicts at: [www.facebook.com]
Re: Chopper Shots posted by rannestad September 23, 2008 03:37AM reply | quote
posted by rannestad

Excellent! It's great that you used the LB for that kind of images. I really admire you for doing that. I am still a bit reluctant to using LB for "commercial" shots. Great work. NO 2 is really great.

You have posted in the critique section. I don't know what to say. These are "perfect".

-----------------------------------------
My website: [www.fotoaalborg.dk]
Blog (English): [www.retrofoto.dk]
-----------------------------------------
Re: Chopper Shots posted by Craig (Admin) September 23, 2008 04:09AM reply | quote
posted by Craig

Hi Glen,

Thanks for asking for a critique by posting here. I am going to jump in.

The first one I like a lot better in the large image than the thumbnail. The color palette of the duotone or desaturation or whatnot did not look good until it was big and I find it pleasing and complimentary to the strong compositional elements that are well placed.

The second creates some unwanted tension for me in that the pipe on the right is moving off the edge of the photo. I'd like to see it and some black space on the right past that pipe.

The third image is harder for me to look at because I don't see a point of focus and the area that is in focus seems to be in focus due to backfocus. This is not always a bad thing but I don't see the ring of focus as a plus here.

Let me know if you are looking for different feedback or how my comments fit in to what you are after.

-Craig

You could not step twice into the same rivers; for other waters are ever flowing on to you.
Heraclitus of Ephesus
Re: Chopper Shots posted by popquiz September 23, 2008 06:11AM reply | quote
posted by popquiz

Thanks Bjorn & Craig, this is exactly what I was looking for by posting here. Your comments can only help me get better.

...it's like nailing JELL-O to a tree!

Glen Copeland
aka: PopQuiz

Join Lensbaby Addicts at: [www.facebook.com]
Re: Chopper Shots posted by rikie_rizza September 23, 2008 11:46AM reply | quote
posted by rikie_rizza
Lovely shots...
I like #3 due to its complicated geometry with eerie appearance.

Best Regards,
Rikie
Re: Chopper Shots posted by ndroo September 23, 2008 03:02PM reply | quote
posted by ndroo

Agree with the rest, these are great!

fUzzYeYebAlls
Re: Chopper Shots posted by oliver tudoras September 23, 2008 04:48PM reply | quote
posted by oliver tudoras

like #2 & #3 and very much ..very well bent..super blur and treatment
#1 I not sure about the reflections....would prefer it without the house ...but I know how difficult it is ...

great job

cheers

ollie

oliver

[olivertudorasphoto.jimdo.com]

"some people make the world special just by being in it "

Newer Topic | Older Topic

Sorry, only registered users may post in this forum.

Click here to login

Lensbaby Newsletter - Signup Today